Speculation: Successful PTOs?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Looks like both Paccioretty and Lorentz will be making it.

So trade is inevitable. Might even be more than 1. Looking at Kampf and Jarnkrok specifically

Reactions: Dog

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
For Ottawa, Jan Jenik was spectacular in the 1 game he played so far. 1g, 3a
Let's see if he can be the same tonight in his 2nd game.
I saw that dude in an AHL game once a few years ago and he looked like Gretzky. Just totally dominated everything.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Yamamoto scores again tonight, and he’s looked great AGAIN, but as good as he’s been, unless they have an injury, I’m not sure how they can give him a deal, unless it’s a 2-way deal, knowing he’s going straight to the AHL.

They already look like they’re gonna have to send Doan down and he deserves to be on the opening night roster. Carcone has a handful of preseason goals too. So last year wasn’t a fluke. He’s not going anywhere. McBain is probably the next option.

Maybe it is time to take that run at Swayman, using Barrett Hayton as that prime piece going to Boston.

They may need to move a forward anyway, and still look like they need some help on the backend. It’s a crowded forward room. The good thing is, Yamamoto has been so good, I think other teams would give him a call real quick if he doesn’t get a contract in Utah.. He’s earned himself an NHL contract.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
So I think these are the only outstanding tryouts after today's final rosters

Tyler JohnsonBoston Bruins
Travis DermottEdmonton Oilers
Andy WelinskiNew Jersey Devils
Jakub ZborilNew Jersey Devils
Artyom KudashovNew York Islanders
Matt MartinNew York Islanders
Kyle CliffordToronto Maple Leafs

Johnson looked like he was headed towards a contract, but then no news today.
Dermott was in a similar boat, with the coach even praising him just today.
Possible they will continue to stick around on a PTO until the timing is right, and then sign.

Devils fans, help me out. I can't find any news on Welinski or Zboril - surely I must have missed something obvious???

Islanders suck at sharing any sort of news (thanks, Lou) and I had to get most of their information from scouring beat reporters and Bridgeport transactions, but I can't find any news on Kudashov. Martin was realistically never going to get a contract - just a favour from Lou, so I imagine this PTO is complete, but again, Islanders suck at reporting.

The Leafs somehow are maybe even worse at reporting. Like, this off-season has been shit. Hasn't been that way the past few years, but this year they shared very little. That said, we know enough about Clifford. He is on an AHL deal and was a very, very long shot to get a contract from the jump, but is really only floating around because he got injured. Once due diligence has been done he will be released from his PTO and report to the Marlies (though I guarantee the Leafs won't say jack about it)

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Wonder if Boris Katchouk still on a PTO with the Ducks, haven’t heard any news.

I was missing him from my list too for a while, but he just got lost in the shuffle pretty early on

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad