Speculation: Successful PTOs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
For the Ducks, Pysyk and Katchouk could both get contracts based on the jersey numbers they've been given (#3 and #14, respectively). Pysyk played very well the other night (1g 1a).

Reactions: Freaky Styley

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Heard Yamamoto looking good for Utah and Bjugstad is hurt to start the year so maybe him.

How's Tyler Johnson looking?

I hope Kulemin gets one, for the memories.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Heard Yamamoto looking good for Utah and Bjugstad is hurt to start the year so maybe him.

How's Tyler Johnson looking?

I hope Kulemin gets one, for the memories.

Re: Johnson…those first two preseason games against a bunch of AHLers or worse is kind of hard to make judgements with. Lysell was better than Johnson in the last game, and that’s kinda the competition. But it’s early yet.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Curious which guys are going to get signed by their team, or maybe another team based on what they've shown.

In Colorado, seems like a foregone conclusion the Bellemare will get a contract.

Barrie & Pacioretty too. Who else?
True measure are the PTOs who make the NHL club. Not ones who get 2 way, nor PTOs given to training camp for those under contract with their AHL team already.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
So difficult to judge guys in preseason. Young guys are going as hard as they can. Vets are coasting. PTO guys need to outplay the younger guys who are going 110%. But coaches know that 110% will drop and the vets will ramp up their play. Looks like Patches is going to catch on with the Leafs. He’s going at 110% and coaches know he can keep that through the season. Will push a guy (Robertson?) onto waivers though.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I think Blais will ultimately get signed by the Canucks but he might start off in the AHL first.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
For Ottawa, Jan Jenik was spectacular in the 1 game he played so far. 1g, 3a
Let's see if he can be the same tonight in his 2nd game.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Logan Brown stood out in his lone preseason game so far. i think he could be a sneaky pick for a 4th line role

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad