Stupid Madden, Rossi, Anderson et al Tricks Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
This...this is just so wrong. In a cutthroat type of job like this, the boss can't be like "eh, we were good. It was just luck" after a failure. I don't really care what he tells the media, to be honest...I mean, it's a farce most of the time...Babcock feigning indignation about this, that or the other to affect some outcome...Julien playing the victim...MT picking on people...Torts airing his personal grievances with the questioners...

but the one thing a coach can't do after the game is say, paraphrased "eh, that loss was us being good enough. Sure it won't happen 3 more times in the next 6 games or anything like that."

I mean, he's supposed to be their boss. He just can't say this. Not after a playoff loss. Even if he didn't see anything wrong, he needs to say, "we'll work on this, that or the other" or "I liked what I saw in the _ period...need to see more of that" or even "our effort was there for the most part, just need to play a full 60-120 minutes next time."

Not friggin "keep doing what you're doing. Good job losing." Well, I mean, he can say that, but it would need to be dripping with sarcasm.

Just to clarify are you calling me, the article or the Bylsma quotes wrong?

DeSero

Jul 26, 2007
Just to clarify are you calling me, the article or the Bylsma quotes wrong?

It appears as though he's stating the words Bylsma used after the game were wrong from a PR perspective. So the answer would be D - None of the above.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Just as a contrast, Montreal won their overtime game the other day and MT said something along the lines of "we won, but we need to see more from this team." Dan's team lost and he's like "nah, it's all good."

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just as a contrast, Montreal won their overtime game the other day and MT said something along the lines of "we won, but we need to see more from this team." Dan's team lost and he's like "nah, it's all good."

Pens will actually watch a coach lose their team two different ways and completely on the end of each spectrum. We have a lovable coach who lost their team w/ lack of accountability. We had a disciplinary coach who lost their team w/ too much accountability.

Pretty amazing stuff.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Pens will actually watch a coach lose their team two different ways and completely on the end of each spectrum. We have a lovable coach who lost their team w/ lack of accountability. We had a disciplinary coach who lost their team w/ too much accountability.

Pretty amazing stuff.

We just need to set up a cycle with Montreal. Trade MT and Disco back and forth every 2 or 3 years.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Pretty amazing stuff.

It is oddly impressive.

Next time go for a balance between the two or the too tough accountability coach who won't last forever. Just no more bff coaches who stay too long.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We just need to set up a cycle with Montreal. Trade MT and Disco back and forth every 2 or 3 years.

My mind is blown. It's ****ing actually genius. :laugh: Could you imagine those two trying to coach together. Oh wow... that would be devastating.

DanFailsma

Mar 31, 2013
PA, USA
Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins
#Pens say the key to playing better is “getting to the offensive zone.”
I'm almost choking with laughter. Really, guys? You mean... you have to score to win? No kidding?

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto

Came here to post this.

Montreal fans are complaining about MT left and right. I'm fairly convinced that roster is tremendously overachieving right now.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Those quotes in the DK article just infuriate me.

Are you surprised, though? That's the kind of stubborn arrogance we've seen from this team for years now. It's why we continually see them make the same errors over and over again. Because they truly believe their **** doesn't stink.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Pretty amazing stuff.

My mind is blown. It's ****ing actually genius. :laugh: Could you imagine those two trying to coach together. Oh wow... that would be devastating.

Great stuff here, guys. Is there any such thing as an in between guy?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Are you surprised, though? That's the kind of stubborn arrogance we've seen from this team for years now. It's why we continually see them make the same errors over and over again. Because they truly believe their **** doesn't stink.

I'm not really surprised to be honest, no.

And no doubt if we do get embarrassed by the Rangers there'll be similar quotes to save Bylsma's face and his job.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic

BREAKING: @Penguins announce that first period of tomorrow’s Game 2 is now optional. This is a change from the original schedule.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009

BREAKING: @Penguins announce that first period of tomorrow’s Game 2 is now optional. This is a change from the original schedule.

He's going hard. And clearly either reads these boards or even posts here. I wish there were a sense of urgency other then we're about to be eliminated or visibly embarrassed.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Looks like Dejan is all in. :laugh:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I don't agree with every thing Dejan says, but the fact is he's the only guy around with the balls to call the Pens out for being an arrogant, dumb, stagnant franchise with a country club atmosphere.

Good on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad