Proposal: Strome to BUF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Buffalo already had suspect centers to begin the year with the Eichel situation still unresolved. Mittelstadt was injured last night and is reported to be out for a couple of weeks at minimum.

Chicago reported as trying to shed salary and seems Strome has fallen out of favor there.

What would it take to bring him to Buffalo to insulate Cozens instead of throwing him to the wolves?

Reactions: banks

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Buffalo already had suspect centers to begin the year with the Eichel situation still unresolved. Mittelstadt was injured last night and is reported to be out for a couple of weeks at minimum.

Chicago reported as trying to shed salary and seems Strome has fallen out of favor there.

What would it take to bring him to Buffalo to insulate Cozens instead of throwing him to the wolves?
We'll take Jokiharju back. Then maybe some of our fans will STFU.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
This is a reasonable suggestion. Buffalo seems like a possible landing spot for Strome. But is Buffalo willing to pay any futures to help the team this season?

I'd hope they're willing to pay a 3rd rounder or something. You can't just tell the current roster that they're doomed to lose.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Do the Sabres really need Strome? Buffalo's AHL team just signed Jankowski - give him the weekend and maybe the Sabres will sign and promote him.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
This is a reasonable suggestion. Buffalo seems like a possible landing spot for Strome. But is Buffalo willing to pay any futures to help the team this season?

I'd hope they're willing to pay a 3rd rounder or something. You can't just tell the current roster that they're doomed to lose.

Probably not. They wouldn't even do that to get a decent goalie this year. Strome isnt someone I'd want in Buffalo long term anyways.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Probably not. They wouldn't even do that to get a decent goalie this year. Strome isnt someone I'd want in Buffalo long term anyways.

Ya, that's what I was expecting. But I don't think it's a great strategy. You'll ruin the development of anyone currently 9n the team if you just offer no hope of winning.

That's why tanking doesn't work.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I imagine Chicago will give him one last shot once all their other experiments fail (Borgstrom, TyJo, etc.) and be given a short leash. He'll either bounce back or get traded shortly after that.

My guess is something like Eakins (maybe some retention) + late pick for Strome.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Buffalo shouldn’t be making any trades that would include futures. They should be trading FOR futures.

No. They should be trading to get better long-term. Adding an experienced, 24yo, pending RFA to a young core in need of centre help both now & going forward makes perfect sense.

He fits the age window, a positional need and is controllable. Do it.

Reactions: DarthProbert

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Do the Sabres really need Strome? Buffalo's AHL team just signed Jankowski - give him the weekend and maybe the Sabres will sign and promote him.

Th
ideally for buffalo….

since Eichel is out and Reinhart was traded, they have a void fir a vet center to shield Mittlestadt and Cozens.

they might get a center in an Eichel trade.

I don’t feelStrome us what they should get in a trade.

Jul 6, 2016
Th
ideally for buffalo….

since Eichel is out and Reinhart was traded, they have a void fir a vet center to shield Mittlestadt and Cozens.

they might get a center in an Eichel trade.

I don’t feelStrome us what they should get in a trade.

Why did they trade Reinhart ?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Why did they trade Reinhart ?

He wasn’t forced to sign anything beyond 1 yr. Then you run into the distraction in staying or going. You can’t have him go fir nothing.

same with Ristolainen…He had 1 yr to UFA. Didn’t want that distraction.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Shaw is done after this year and will be LTIR. Connolly can be buried or kept up for injuries. We are only adding ~ 6 million. Instead of Tampa's second I ask for theirs and Strome lessens the bite.
Connelly has 2nd year on his contract too. I need to see another pick.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Strome seems like exactly the type of player the Sabres should be looking into. High draft pedigree some flaws but for the right cost he could be a low risk short term project. There isn’t anyone that would be blocked by giving him a shot. Of course the cost needs to be reasonable - a 2nd for a highly drafted reclaimation project.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad