Post-Game Talk: #Streakbusters 2:1 Devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
I agree Pavs played better tonight.He is still not that great of a goalie.Lays on the ground too much,notice the goal in the shootout.

Sabs*

How about golden boy number 55 with 1 goal in 10 equals 8 goals for the year like a 4 th liner for good teams

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
[NHL]2014020139-415-h[/NHL]
[NHL]2014020139-444-h[/NHL]
[NHL]2014020139-31-h[/NHL]
[NHL]2014020139-33-h[/NHL]
[NHL]2014020139-277-h[/NHL]

Anyone want to find me five saves that Pavs made which were better?

I'm not exonerating the rest of the team nor am I saying Pavs played poorly. Simply the guy at the other end outplayed him.

Why bother I just watched the game and know what I saw there is no need to waste my time trying to prove a point by going through and posting hi-lights. The focus on Pavelec in this game is beyond stupid and I think I am done with this board for awhile.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Bad effort, sloppy play vs Islander but we got lucky and won. Can't score vs a bad Devils team.

We worse than both teams. Retool time coming up.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
In your opinion , but how did he get outplayed in a 1-1 game where he had a better save % and the only goal he gave up was because of poor play from other Jets?

Schneider made better saves in tougher situations. Save % is not a good metric in single game samples.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
3 points in the bag - out of an available 4 on this road trip so far, and some people are complaining?

Tough crowd.

Yea I guess I am too cheery because I haven't seen the team play in a while but I thought we were ok?

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Why bother I just watched the game and know what I saw there is no need to waste my time trying to prove a point by going through and posting hi-lights. The focus on Pavelec in this game is beyond stupid and I think I am done with this board for awhile.

What you're really saying is you have no proof to substantiate your claims or back yourself up.

I took the time to provide proof to my claim. That's what I do when I make a statement.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
[MOD]

Anyways, thought we kinda have this game away. Just not sharp too any times and one caught up to us. Idk if it was maybe how the Devils played against our breakouts and in the neutral zone but we did a lot of what we did in the Isles third period so that's positive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I thought we were sloppy tonight. I think we were the better team, but we were sloppy.

Also, I really thought the game was pretty boring.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
You didn't jinx it:

Yup lol. You know that sinking feeling you get when the Jets are up by a goal or two but they just look awful, hanging on for dear life and it's only a matter of time before its tied? I didn't get that. In fact with 10 minutes to go I was positive this was going to be a shutout. They looked good. If they play every game like that but with more shooting) they'll win a lot of them.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
IMO blind Pavs hate is gone too far. We cant even discuss a game any more.

If you're referring to me I'm not hating on Pavs, simply Schneider played better, I have no idea how many times I need to repeat that.

If I said Jagr outplayed Byfuglien am I now hating on Byfuglien?

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Anyone want to think allowing ONE goal on a play that maybe three Jets made poor plays/decisions is a reason to say we lost because our goalie was outplayed?

Seriously , you can not like a player , but the reason we lost wasn't because of him , not even remotely .

Hard to win when you only score one goal. This team is a bottom 10 team, people need to stop dreaming. Fix it Chevy"..

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yup lol. You know that sinking feeling you get when the Jets are up by a goal or two but they just look awful, hanging on for dear life and it's only a matter of time before its tied? I didn't get that. In fact with 10 minutes to go I was positive this was going to be a shutout. They looked good. If they play every game like that but with more shooting) they'll win a lot of them.

That's interesting: I had the same feeling. They weren't playing like they were fleeing a chemical plant explosion. Unfortunately, one miscue in the NHL and it's in the back of the net.

Hopefully it sticks in their craw, and they get two when they cross over to NY.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Dissapointing loss, but I'm liking how they are starting to look in the nz and defensive zone. They are looking far more structured now then at any time in the past. The chances are there as well.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Anyone want to think allowing ONE goal on a play that maybe three Jets made poor plays/decisions is a reason to say we lost because our goalie was outplayed?

Seriously , you can not like a player , but the reason we lost wasn't because of him , not even remotely .

Point me to where I said it was.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
How about golden boy number 55 with 1 goal in 10 equals 8 goals for the year like a 4 th liner for good teams

But you have watched the games...right...has he looked good to you. Now compare how he looks compared to the 4th line....is it comparable. Getting down on Scheifele is nothing but short sighted.

I am a little frustrated by his drought but in the long term I do not see it as a bad thing. I have little doubt one day soon Scheifele will be the leader of this team. And his keep plugging... never give up...take the **** and keep going will be infectious.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
5 out of the last 6 points as well. I'm not angry about tonight - they played pretty well (including Pavs). Annoyed? Yes - I think they're a better team than NJ.

Their NZ play was incredible at times - that's what's going to win them games, and once they can comfortably do that without thinking about it, their offense will come back, IMHO.

That makes 7 in 5 games ;)

jetkarma*

Schneider made better saves in tougher situations. Save % is not a good metric in single game samples.

It has nothing to do with shot metrics , the reason we lost this game if you want to point to ONE specific incident was what lead to the tying goal not Pavs effort on it or the rest of the game. If you want to more accurately point to why we lost ( although a SO loss isn't awful on the road ) was because we refused to shoot when we had good opportunities and didn't capitalize on good chances , but sure go ahead and blame the loss on Pavs being outplayed , maybe some will believe that. Others know better.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
He's getting chances - snake bitten at the moment. Not worried about him myself.

Is our entire team snake bitten? Is this why we can't score enough goals or is it we just don't have enough talent?

When will we stop blaming bad luck for everything and just accept the fact our team is a bottom 10 team or are we going to use the bad luck excuse this entire season?

Retool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad