Post-Game Talk: Storm the Weather

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Dallas has great depth, but they’re not quite as top end talented as we are.
Colorado has the top end talent, but not the depth or goaltending.
Colorado scares me the most. I think teams with really game breaking talent like they do are tougher for the Rangers. The Rangers D isn't thaaaaaat good and a team like Colorado can exploit that and put up a bunch of goals real quick. Shesterkin can help with that but still...Rangers would have to be aggressors in games against Colorado I think and keep them on their heels.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Feel like too much credit is being given to Colorado for their come back ability in their current series.

Yes its great and they're explosive and dangerous, but the fact that they need to come back from 3,4 goals honestly is a cause for concern. Similarly to how I thought too big a deal was being made about Georgiev giving up 7 in their opener against Winnipeg (there were just systemic things I saw from the Jets side that waived the reddest of flags) I think the same is kind of happening with the Avs here.

DeBoer knows what he's doing. If you keep spotting them multi goal leads you're going to lose because his teams are generally pretty good at clamping it down. His Vegas team a few years ago fed Colorado their lunch after the first 2 games of that series and I wouldn't be surprised to see them do it again here.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Yeah, I think he’s definitely good enough for the third line and also a solid special team player. If the rangers envision him on the fourth line he probably declines, anyhow. And I assume the rangers offer in that case would be too low anyhow.
My ideal fourth line is populated by rookies, youngsters.
Where do you see Will, Chytil and KK next season? Maybe Chytil could move up if healthy. I don't think Will or KK have shown enough so far this season. Id like them as a 3rd line but that puts Wenn on the 4th. I think we have around 6 forward spots penciled in next season and the other 6 are tossups.

Reactions: egelband

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Listen, just don't come on here just to drag people, especially after the team wins.

You wanna rib somebody for something blowing up in their face, that's all fun and games.

@GoAwayPanarin is a good fan. He doesn't deserve to be broadly lumped in with miserable cretins who do nothing but doom post to get a rise.
I respectfully disagree. The way he has treated Zooks and other Rangers/fans goes far beyond a typical difference of opinion. Good Ranger fans don't actively root against our own players. If saying this gets me banbed or suspended Im totally understand and will accept my punishment without complaint.

Colorado scares me the most. I think teams with really game breaking talent like they do are tougher for the Rangers. The Rangers D isn't thaaaaaat good and a team like Colorado can exploit that and put up a bunch of goals real quick. Shesterkin can help with that but still...Rangers would have to be aggressors in games against Colorado I think and keep them on their heels.
Colorado are a bad physical matchup for us. I agree with you. The good news is we have to make the cup finals to even find out 😊

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Listen, just don't come on here just to drag people, especially after the team wins.

You wanna rib somebody for something blowing up in their face, that's all fun and games.

@GoAwayPanarin is a good fan. He doesn't deserve to be broadly lumped in with miserable cretins who do nothing but doom post to get a rise.

I'm going to pretend the person you compared him to isn't me.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
We are a bad matchup for whoever we play if we advance to the cup. Physical. Fast. Top end talent. Depth. Elite goalie. Elite PP. Elite PK. Would rather avoid Colorado and Dallas, but not scared of anyone.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anyone want a good joke? Penguins fans are crying we're getting the benefit of calls. It took a lot of will power for me not to laugh in their faces.

IMG_0330.jpeg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I respectfully disagree. The way he has treated Zooks and other Rangers/fans goes far beyond a typical difference of opinion. Good Ranger fans don't actively root against our own players. If saying this gets me banbed or suspended Im totally understand and will accept my punishment without complaint.

Colorado are a bad physical matchup for us. I agree with you. The good news is we have to make the cup finals to even find out 😊

I know Leo asked me to drop this with someone else but I'm going to throw this out there once just so its done and over with.

I never rooted against Zuccarello when he wore this uniform. Even when I hoped that this team would be bad I rooted for him to do well because it was in this teams best interest for him to do well. You were just overly sensitive to criticism for said player because of who it was, doubt you cared half as much when I carved Staal a billion times worse.

Same goes for the current guys. I want them to do well more than most of you who think everything is golden and everyone is great do.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
No it won’t. Eg Bobrovsky could go cold. Lucky breaks going only one way. Something happens to FL leaders health wise.

The way they play takes a toll. They were being held together by duct tape in the finals last year.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Why does this fanbase love pulling receipts on each other so often??

Everyone should be more like me, i'm almost always right and I never take the victory lap =)

While were talking victory laps.... can all the jinxin ass mofo's wait a few more days!?!
Cut the hubris guy was right all along...

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
I'm very leery to be discussing future matchups for the rangers. Yes, I know we're up 3-0 and what the odds are on a team coming back from 3 games down to win a series, but let's keep somethings in mind here...

1- The rangers have won with just about the slightest margins possible. 2 in OT and one that was very close to going to OT. The teams are very closely matched.

2- This is the rangers we are talking about after all.

I will breathe a sigh of relief if we can close out the Canes and then start worrying about the next match up.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm very leery to be discussing future matchups for the rangers. Yes, I know we're up 3-0 and what the odds are on a team coming back from 3 games down to win a series, but let's keep somethings in mind here...

1- The rangers have won with just about the slightest margins possible. 2 in OT and one that was very close to going to OT. The teams are very closely matched.

2- This is the rangers we are talking about after all.

I will breathe a sigh of relief if we can close out the Canes and then start worrying about the next match up.

While the bolded is true they've

- Won 2 OT games in a row
- Won yesterdays game in OT after surrendering the tying goal with less than 2 minutes to go.

That also almost never happens with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad