Post-Game Talk: Storm the Weather

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Steve made a very interesting comment during the post game where he mentioned Carolina had the worst head to head record against other top 10 teams.
The Rangers did earned (lucked out) with their bracket - the weakest top-16 in the first round and then the same in the top-8.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'd be livid at Orlov as a Canes fan. He couldn't have set us up any better if he had tried.

Friedman on 32 thoughts also contended that Kochetkov should’ve left the net to try stopping it. I’m not buying it - it looked like a pretty hard and fast send-in around the rim.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Friedman on 32 thoughts also contended that Kochetkov should’ve left the net to try stopping it. I’m not buying it - it looked like a pretty hard and fast send-in around the rim.
He also said that Russian goalies are notoriously bad at puck handling and couldn’t think of any exceptions off the top of his head while referencing a game that Igor played in.

I lol’d

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
But he is a "retread"!!! :D
Yup, that was like 75%-80% of the Rangers fandom groupthink (without even giving him a chance to show himself or someone who earned a benefit of a doubt with his resume). And this percentage didn’t reduce much until the very end of the season even after the team was one of the best throughout (based on horrible projections of what he would / would not do to the lineup).

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He also said that Russian goalies are notoriously bad at puck handling and couldn’t think of any exceptions off the top of his head while referencing a game that Igor played in.

I lol’d
So did I - I guess not only the Rangers developed American Buch, they also developed American Igor lol.

Going in to this series, there were COUNTLESS professionals who throught Carolina was the best team in the league. This isn't an easy match up for anyone
Maybe going into playoffs but they performed worse in the first round from among teams that survived and even a couple that didn’t.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I rib but this isn't like Staal who was cooked and Zuccarello who legitimately annoyed him (mostly because of Webster). @GoAwayPanarin just wants to see Panarin succeed.

It's so huge for us that he's contributing.

Nonsense.

When you take that name, you're not rooting for a player. You're trying to stake out a claim as a contrarian who dearly wants to show he's smarter than everyone else.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Mentioned it earlier that not only was it rimmed hard, the puck also took a funny carom and didn't hug the wall, which made it hard to trap for Orlov.

Reactions: CLW

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Really wish we knew the reason Kreider didn’t get the “C” ? Maybe he turned it down or maybe he isn’t a vocal leader in the locker room but I find that hard to believe.

Don't want to go digging and maybe someone remembers offhand, but i seem to remember @Edge making a few implications regarding why Kreider and Zib didn't get the C.

Iirc it was in a Staple article that he didn’t necessarily want the C and felt he was better off supporting the actual C. Article also said that Trouba is REALLY a guy suited for the captaincy.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Nonsense.

When you take that name, you're not rooting for a player. You're trying to stake out a claim as a contrarian who dearly wants to show he's smarter than everyone else.

And we know why MH is defending his buddy now - he’s been guilty of the same inane takes… but “based on models”…

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
IMG_0018.jpeg

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Never wanna look too far ahead, but worth noting that the Canes are probably the best team in the Rangers way to the big prize. That they are up 3 to zip is just amazing. Love this team.

I'd go with the winner of Dall-Col.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Brind'Amour had Tony replace Burns last night. Tony is off both PP units.

Excellent (don’t like these units - I’d put Guentzel, Svechnikov, Aho and Kuznetsov with ADA on PP1 and whoever’s left on PP2 for 30 seconds)

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
I'd go with the winner of Dall-Col.
listen if we can close this out and get to an ECF trip I think we're definitely going 6 or 7 with either FLA or BOS. Canes are a great challenge but I don't see them on the same level as Florida.

Florida is easily a marquee matchup here for the Rangers, two of the heaviest and most skilled teams in the East. I'd sign up for that right now.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
listen if we can close this out and get to an ECF trip I think we're definitely going 6 or 7 with either FLA or BOS. Canes are a great challenge but I don't see them on the same level as Florida.

Florida is easily a marquee matchup here for the Rangers, two of the heaviest and most skilled teams in the East. I'd sign up for that right now.
Not over till it’s over obviously but if we’re looking into the next round I’d probably want a weaker team which to me are Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad