Confirmed with Link: Stolarz signs with Leafs - 2 years 2.5M AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I love this signing.
I am curious though, I’ve seen it around people saying “he’s never played more than 28 games” and that’s true. I am curious however, what his situations have been like.

Like has he been hampered by injury? Has he been blocked behind clear starters in other locations as well not just Florida?

Is Stolarz a career backup so far more as a function of ability or opportunity?

Reactions: Buds17

Wrong Wilson

Hanta Yo!
Nov 17, 2019
Toronto, ON
So who plays the other 30 games and playoffs?

saviour.jpg

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I love this signing.
I am curious though, I’ve seen it around people saying “he’s never played more than 28 games” and that’s true. I am curious however, what his situations have been like.

Like has he been hampered by injury? Has he been blocked behind clear starters in other locations as well not just Florida?

Playing behind Gibson and Bobrovsky. I especially like how Stolarz's numbers look for the two seasons in which he played the most. I am admittedly worried that the expectation is probably for both Stolarz and Woll to establish career highs in games played. Then again, those numbers are currently set at just 28 and 25 respectively.

Reactions: Sypher04

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I love this signing.

Broke in full time with Anaheim and was stuck behind Gibson, then left this year to join Florida and was stuck behind Bobrovsky.

Reactions: Sypher04

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
This is a very good deal with very little risk. Even if he completely falls apart, you can easily change it up in a short period of time.

Should be a fun goaltending duo with him and Woll, and Hildeby and Murray rounds it out pretty nicely.
4 goalie tandem to complement the Core 4. :sarcasm:

ManosArriba

Oct 24, 2017
I remember seeing him play with Lehigh Valley and being solid, I bet he steals the starting role from Woll who is always injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad