Confirmed with Link: Stolarz signs with Leafs - 2 years 2.5M AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
LMAO

And we don't have a 1st rounder next season thanks to glasses who traded it away

chaos.gif
What were you expecting them to do?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This is a very good deal with very little risk. Even if he completely falls apart, you can easily change it up in a short period of time.

Should be a fun goaltending duo with him and Woll, and Hildeby and Murray rounds it out pretty nicely.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
There are no elite starters available, or even any very good ones.

Every team without one wants one, and so the Leafs likely have done the best the could: Woll/Stolarz tandem and see which of them (ideally) grabs the starter job.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

Every team without one wants one, and so the Leafs likely have done the best the could: Woll/Stolarz tandem and see which of them (ideally) grabs the starter job.

Exactly.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Exactly who I wanted and an interesting player.

Perceived (rightly) as too brittle for a starting job IMO but he has good numbers and is frigging huge.

Top 10 save% in the NHL over the last 5 years for goalies with at least 80 starts:

1. Ullmark
2. Shesterkin
3. Sorokin
3. Swayman
5. Helle
6. Stolarz
6. Varly
6. Drieger
9. Vasy
9. Saros

Did most of that work on a pretty bad Ducks team too.

He also had better numbers than Bob as the backup last year with stellar underlying numbers.

As long as he remains healthy (I know we've heard this before), he's going to be a good mentor to Woll and may even surprise us.

You never know what you are going to get with goalies though I suppose. I'm sure it will be better than the last 4 years of Campbell/Samsonov. Can't hurt to have another guy with a ring on the team either.

I just want to see our guys stay healthy above all else. Matthews, Nylander, McMann and Woll all getting hurt at the same time frigging killed us in the playoffs. Knowing our Leafs, Stolarz is going to own the net and go down in the first round lol.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This is a very good deal with very little risk. Even if he completely falls apart, you can easily change it up in a short period of time.

Should be a fun goaltending duo with him and Woll, and Hildeby and Murray rounds it out pretty nicely.

I'm thinking we'll see a baseball style rotation for our goalies assuming things don't work out miraculously with a healthy breakout from Woll.

Woll - 35 games
Stolarz - 30 games
Murray - 12 games
Hildeby - 5 games

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I don't hate it.

It would have been nice to get Ullmark, but the Bruins were never going to trade him to us, and Saros seemed set on an extension in Nashville.

That didn't leave much available and Stolarz has had a few solid years in the backup role. Money and term are reasonable.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Christ do you ever and I mean EVER have anything positive to say your bloody exhausting
The Teams dog f***ing shit

Every move has been straight ass this summer besides Domi which I complimented.

Tanev, OEL, Woll extension, there is nothing f***ing good there based on the needs of the team.

The team is running back the same team with tinkers to its edges

You clowns can pretend this has been a good summer.

Reactions: Leafblooded

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Don't mind the player or the contract, and good term. Did really well this past year.
But going into the season with two goalies that haven't played more than 28 games in a season is worrying...

Reactions: Sypher04

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Nothing wrong with this. Cheap tandem overall. Hope it pans out. Next 2 years if this works out ... this will look very good.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
The Teams dog f***ing shit

Every move has been straight ass this summer besides Domi which I complimented.

Tanev, OEL, Woll extension, there is nothing f***ing good there based on the needs of the team.

The team is running back the same team with tinkers to its edges

You clowns can pretend this has been a good summer.

Um, you know the core have NMCs right? What, exactly, did you expect them to do to change the core when they cannot move any of them? Also, do you know what the date is? The season doesn't start tomorrow so take a valium.

Apparently there are several good goalies available next year, right when the Leafs will have a shit ton of money to spend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad