Post-Game Talk: Stolarz & Marner Steal a Point - Leafs lose 4-3

weems

Jul 3, 2008
This will sound like a broken record but we really won't know how good this team is or isn't until our PP starts producing.
We've opted to build our team in a way that the top 4-5 guys take up a huge portion of the cap and thus doesn't leave much room for error.
We cannot succeed, being built the way we are without our powerplay being a real force.
We could be 2-4 pts points better on the season if our powerplay had been executing the way you'd expect.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
They’ve been trying that for years now. Trying to velcro toughness onto a soft core especially at the trade deadline. But you’re not wrong, Matthews played braver when he had Domi and Bertuzzi on his wings.
For me, he showed me a different side of his game with those two. It was the best all around game I had seen from him and I was disappointed to see him back with 16 to start this year.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
For me, he showed me a different side of his game with those two. It was the best all around game I had seen from him and I was disappointed to see him back with 16 to start this year.

It's also disappointing to me that Matthews can't consistently bring that edgier game that brought him so much success and gave him a fresh look. He's got to pay that price to realize his full potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad