Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Pavel Buchnevich signs extension with the Blues (6 years, $8M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
obligatory
buch.JPG

Good for Buch & good for STL, he's become quite the player these past few years

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
78 point pace in his time here, and 2-way play. He's earned the salary, question is how he ages compared to the term.
Compare his deal to the Guentzel deal from yesterday. Guentzel has averaged 86 points per 82 games the last three years (8 points per 82 more) but he isn't in the same league defensively as Buch and will be making $1M per year more. Guentzel is also almost 7 months older.

I would have preferred 5 years instead of 6, but the AAV is absolutely at or below market value for what he would have been offered next July 1. By any reasonable measure, this is a pretty team friendly deal compared to most of the deals that were given out yesterday.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Good for Buch, he was a guy I wish the Canucks could have gone after if the Blues weren’t going to re-sign him though I don’t think they could have afforded the price.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
78 point pace in his time here, and 2-way play. He's earned the salary, question is how he ages compared to the term.

That's always the question with every 30 year old, and they rarely live up to it. If they do, you're a brilliant GM. If they don't, you're an idiot GM. Which is the same with trades, and draft picks, and whatever else.

The only question a GM has is when will they be fired. You make your moves, hope fate deals you a good hand for a little while, and then whatever mess you leave(and you will leave one) is for the next GM to clean up, who will then begin the exact same path.

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
No, this is not Reinhart/Hedman money. Missouri is not a no state income tax team.

I have a feeling this contract will age like fine milk.
I'd feel more than comfortable with this contract.

I feel like Buch has that type of game that won't suffer too much with age and he doesn't have that much wear on the tyres considering he spent long stretches of his first 2-3 years on the fourth line thanks to the genius of David Quinn and doesn't have many major injuries to speak of.

Reactions: Blueston

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I'd feel more than comfortable with this contract.

I feel like Buch has that type of game that won't suffer too much with age and he doesn't have that much wear on the tyres considering he spent long stretches of his first 2-3 years on the fourth line thanks to the genius of David Quinn and doesn't have many major injuries to speak of.
Love the player, price is a tad high (not the issue)…. Term definitely too long. He’ll be 30.5 by the time he plays his first game under this contract.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Slight stats dip last year, looks like shooting % and PDO were down (to be fair, both were very high the previous few seasons).

Regardless - he’s a terrific winger, one of the better all-around wingers in the NHL. Even if he’s more of a 70 point guy than an 85 point guy moving forward, it looks like the value matches the player to me.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad