Confirmed Trade: [STL/MTL] Marco Scandella (50% retained) for 2020 2nd round pick and cond. 2021 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigduga

Oct 4, 2009
Odd. They made a condition based on re signing?

so they are thinking about re signing. Odd when you have Petro still UFA

...just because it's been made a condition in trade compensation doesn't mean anyone on either team has had more than a passing thought about it.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I said that last time in there D man thread. Glad to see realistic people posting on this. If they can’t offer a 2021 first ++ they are being delusional for Manson.
As nuts as these prices are if I am ducks I'll eat Johnsson's injury for the year and trade Johnsson and 2021 1, 2020 2 for Manson and Kase.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
...just because it's been made a condition in trade compensation doesn't mean anyone on either team has had more than a passing thought about it.

you think you make a condition just because? Sure I guess..... have they ever done that before?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Dunn and Gunnarsson are so much better than Scandella. Soooooo much better.

Like , soooo soo much better. So much. better. Just so much. MUCH BETTER. Better so much, much so better much so.
No, they’re not. Scandella is better than Gunnarsson and Dunn is bad defensively, which is why we keep him in a sheltered role on the 3rd pairing.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think Armstrong maybe pulled the trigger early and willing to pay a bit more to free him up for another deal before the deadline.

was there salary withheld to add some value?

P10p

May 15, 2012
Imo this shows how good of a deal Bergevin got when acquiring Scandella. He is a #5 who can fill spot duty as a #4. Undervalued because of buffalo

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
I expected the habs to retain 50% and get a 3rd pick.
Even tho STL 2nd will be close to a 3rd.

I expect Bergevin to move Nate Thompson and Kovalchuk.

Even if he managed to fetch a better pick , this org needs someone else.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
As nuts as these prices are if I am ducks I'll eat Johnsson's injury for the year and trade Johnsson and 2021 1, 2020 2 for Manson and Kase.

Bob Murray has already said he’s willing to take back Salary. Anaheim has 15 million dollars in free cap space by February 24th. That deal would be instantly accepted by Anaheim if they can’t get a 2020 first ++. The only thing I’m skeptical on is seeing If kase getting better in a separate deal.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
To be honest, Armstrong looked at the market and tried to come to the most similar player to Bouwmeester as far as the skillset is concerned. Scandella is definitely not as good as Bouw, but he was possibly the most similar player.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad