Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Kasperi Kapanen signs extension with the Blues (1 year, $1M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Don't really see a downside to this deal. Hopefully, if we are going to be competitive he's a 13thF anyways. If not he's probably filling a spot while Snuggerud plays out his season in the NCAA

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Don't really see a downside to this deal. Hopefully, if we are going to be competitive he's a 13thF anyways. If not he's probably filling a spot while Snuggerud plays out his season in the NCAA
Looking at who is being signed within division, we're not going to be competitive

Reactions: Spear

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Looking at who is being signed within division, we're not going to be competitive

I don't disagree,

But I don't think the signing of a depth forward is really a good indicator. This isn't a bad contract for what Kapanen brings, and the plan all along hasn't really been to be all that competitive.

What I don't and probably wont understand still is the moving out Hayes part of the equation.

It seems like it was an internal monetary desire. Either that or it was a favor to Hayes, which is also likely given the ties with the Tkachuks. Just seemed like a pricey favor, even if I agree that I wouldn't want any of the young guys to make the team and be strapped to Hayes who plays a completely obscure style compared to most centers in the NHL.

Fwiw, yes Nashville is loading up with Stamkos and Marchessault. But their defense has gotten significantly worse and alot of their team is aging and they carry over 10m in dead cap. I wouldn't say we can't be competitive with them with little additions and them even adding a defenseman.

Colorado, Winnipeg, Dallas we still probably aren't going to be competitive with.
Nashville, Minnesota we are probably about a wash with them in positioning within the standings on paper
Utah and Chicago are adding, but I don't think they're there yet.

Worst case scenario we are awful next year and we get a great pick

Again, Kapanen shouldn't make or break our season, but he's not a bad player for the bottom 6 especially if he's looking to be an extra forward.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Oh, f*** you, Armstrong. I thought this would be the last time I saw this drunk driving asshole. I should’ve known that 2024 would try to kick me while I’m already down…again.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Dude might actually be the very most annoying player to watch in my history as a fan. I hope he's extremely motivated to make up for this past season.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Kap will have a comeback season and fetch a 3rd at the TDL!! Manifest!!

Oh, f*** you, Armstrong. I thought this would be the last time I saw this drunk driving asshole. I should’ve known that 2024 would try to kick me while I’m already down…again.

We love you, Memento.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
He hasn't hit his Crapanen years yet, so it was a good signing for those numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad