Half-Assed GDT: STL CHI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
I'm not worried about the score. But Perunovich is giving me a migraine. We also have quite a few players in their first game as well.
Oh I know. I’m at this game and have been really keying on Dvorsky. He has some great hands and is smart. Saad is looking better. Not seeing what everyone is saying about Texier. He is starting to look more comfortable but he’s not doing much for me.

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
Holloway-Schenn-Tex 3rd line would be fine. I don't think Schenn should be a top 6 C. But he should be totally fine as 3C and Holloway and Tex and take C shifts from Schenn as the season goes on.
I agree there even though Schenn really should be a wing at this point imo. I'd like to see Holloway at C for an extended stretch to see what he can do.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I agree there even though Schenn really should be a wing at this point imo. I'd like to see Holloway at C for an extended stretch to see what he can do.
Honestly, I'm leaning towards just keeping Dvorsky up at this point.
Dvorsky with Schenn and Tex.
Hollway-Faksa-MJ as the 4th line.
Toro and Sunny as 13/14.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I like Loof's game on D which is nice to see. I was pretty high on him moving forward coming into last year. Playing smart and physical.
Probably brings more than Perunovich or Tucker at this point.
Not sure he's out played POJ just yet.
Definitely should be on the short list for a callup this year.

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
Honestly, I'm leaning towards just keeping Dvorsky up at this point.
Dvorsky with Schenn and Tex.
Hollway-Faksa-MJ as the 4th line.
Toro and Sunny as 13/14.
I love Dvorsky, I just don't think he's quite ready yet. He's not too far off but I think starting as top line C in the AHL for the first half of the year would be good.

I don't like the idea of Holloway on the 4th line nor Toro as an extra either. Joseph sits before Alexei in my book.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I love Dvorsky, I just don't think he's quite ready yet. He's not too far off but I think starting as top line C in the AHL for the first half of the year would be good.

I don't like the idea of Holloway on the 4th line nor Toro as an extra either. Joseph sits before Alexei in my book.
Conversely, I'm not sure AHL level talent is going to be good enough for him to really learn against.
He needs to learn the pace of the NHL game more than anything else right now. The AHL isn't exactly a "fast" league.

Reactions: CurrentCS

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
Conversely, I'm not sure AHL level talent is going to be good enough for him to really learn against.
He needs to learn the pace of the NHL game more than anything else right now. The AHL isn't exactly a "fast" league.
Yeah I get that thought as well. Much like Thomas' 19yr old season really.

I mean I'm not opposed to it, but thats mainly because we lack real C depth right now. I don't like Buch at C, I just think his game is much better as a winger where he's a great 2way guy and can play more physical as well.

One thing I don't want is Dvorsky staying up somehow keeping Bolduc off the team. He belongs here.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Yeah I get that thought as well. Much like Thomas' 19yr old season really.

I mean I'm not opposed to it, but thats mainly because we lack real C depth right now. I don't like Buch at C, I just think his game is much better as a winger where he's a great 2way guy and can play more physical as well.

One thing I don't want is Dvorsky staying up somehow keeping Bolduc off the team. He belongs here.
I have no intention of sending Bolduc down.
That's why I said put Toro as the 13th forward.

Bolduc-Thomas-Kyrou
Saad-Buch-Neighbours
Schenn-Dvorsky-Tex
Holloway-Faksa-MJ
Toro/Sunny

I agree that Toro is too good to legitimately be the "13th forward" all year, but I think that's our best offensive lineup at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad