Confirmed Trade: [STL/BUF] Ryan O'Reilly for 2019 1st, 2021 2nd, Patrik Berglund, Vladimir Sobotka, and Tage Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Can someone explain to me why ROR was traded? Was it just because of the signing bonus? I thought Pegula was going to spend to win at any cost?
There's some talk that ROR wasn't the right kind of temperment and was part of the losing culture that needed to change.

BOS had similar reasons when they dealt Joe Thornton for Brad Stuart, Marco Sturm and Wayne Primeau. This is a similar deal.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
That's a terrible quantity for quality trade IMO. Thomas (I mean c'mon, at worst Kyrou or Bokk has got to be in there) + 1st at minimum, should have been part of the deal. Hell, I'm probably in the minority of Leaf fans that would have considered Liljegren+ as a base, had we not gotten Tavares this offseason.

Theseare the type of real-world trades that make those HF-style quantity->quality trades look realistic.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Botteril.... wtf.... oh well, at least our division gets worse. With ROR and Eichel and addition of Dahlin, I was a bit worried about Sabres rebounding but Botteril alleviated those fears

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Damn Blues are gonna be good too . Now I can’t make up my mind about Toronto winning the cup anymore almost seems like NHL teams are making super teams like the NBA now .

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
There's some talk that ROR wasn't the right kind of temperment and was part of the losing culture that needed to change.

BOS had similar reasons when they dealt Joe Thornton for Brad Stuart, Marco Sturm and Wayne Primeau. This is a similar deal.

Seems pretty ridiculous to blame ROR for the losing culture when there’s been a losing culture for years.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It's not a great deal for Buffalo, but no one should pretend Sobotka and Berglund aren't good players that'll be a pain to play against, especially Sobotka.

It's an astounding deal for St.Louis though, ROR is a stud and a guy I wanted so badly (I guess most people did) on my team. Damn.

Reactions: _Del_

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Sick trade for the Blues. ROR, Schenn And Bozak down the middle is some really good depth. No superstar but that’s a top 5-10 centre depth.
Yeah they’re looking much better today than yesterday that’s for sure. Got a good D to go with it. A bounce back from Allen and it’s looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad