Still early, but anyone else feel the Chychrun-Jensen trade might actually be a win-win trade?

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Chychrun is going to command what, 6-8 mil starting next year?

Jensen should probably stay around the 4 mil mark and he's got an extra year.

That's the only real problem I see, Washington's already at the cap.

Reactions: Altimus

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Jensen fit the Senators a lot a lot better. Both in playing the right side and just a strong defensive defenseman
Yeah, and Chychrun is more what the Caps needed, there was a severe lack of offensive capability on the Caps blue line last year outside of Carlson.

So it seems to be working out well for both teams, always nice to see a trade that works both ways.

sena

Jul 3, 2024
like most trades we have to wait for both guys to get comfortable with their new teams to see who they really have. Old habits and all that

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Chychrun is going to command what, 6-8 mil starting next year?

Jensen should probably stay around the 4 mil mark and he's got an extra year.

That's the only real problem I see, Washington's already at the cap.

I think the Caps can definitely work a Chychrun extension into their contracts. They don’t have much else to do as far as new contracts this year. Mangiapane at 5.8 comes off the books, likely replaced with a rookie contract from someone like Leonard or Miro. Their two super cheap goalies are both UFA’s, will see how that shakes out. But I think if they decide they want to keep him and he wants to stay it should be doable without hurting the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad