STH TPA Renewal 2020

STH: Will You Be Renewing Your Season Tickets?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
If you're like me and your STH TPA is up for renewal this season, as per my ticket rep:
"You can expect an email with the full details communicated to you in early January"

I've never got a heads up like this before. I'm not sure if it's a "Premium Seating" thing because our group has Loge seats but my rep has been "touching base" more so than any other year/ticket rep in the past. This would be the 2nd time this season already (unsolicited).

The willingness to listen to comments and/or concerns seems really good at the moment. I will be meeting with them along with one of my STH group members at the Dec 27th game. I hope to communicate with them some issues we feel are important with regards to our STH group.

I recommend that all STH that remain or plan to renew, make their reasonable concerns heard now, they seem more interested than ever, regarding your "game day experience". Maybe even more receptive if your up for renewal, STH retention may actually be a thing this year.

Go Jets Go!

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I got this email as well and I am P7 half season. Usually they give no indication until March? But my last overall contract renewal was 6 years ago so I honestly don't remember

Reactions: DancesWithWookies

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
I won't be renewing. My reason is the price is more than what I think live NHL hockey is worth. An enhanced game day experience is not going to change that (for me).

I'm also having my first child* in March, so my priorities are changing. I'll still attend about five games a year going forward.

*He/she will be one-quarter Vulcan.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I won't be renewing. My reason is the price is more than what I think live NHL hockey is worth. An enhanced game day experience is not going to change that (for me).

I'm also having my first child* in March, so my priorities are changing. I'll still attend about five games a year going forward.

Congrats on the upcoming Spock-ling!! :DD

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Dates I have signed seat holder agreements after the initial TPA/SHA purchase in 2011.

January 29, 2015
January 22, 2019

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
If you're like me and your STH TPA is up for renewal this season, as per my ticket rep:
"You can expect an email with the full details communicated to you in early January"

I've never got a heads up like this before. I'm not sure if it's a "Premium Seating" thing because our group has Loge seats but my rep has been "touching base" more so than any other year/ticket rep in the past. This would be the 2nd time this season already (unsolicited).

The willingness to listen to comments and/or concerns seems really good at the moment. I will be meeting with them along with one of my STH group members at the Dec 27th game. I hope to communicate with them some issues we feel are important with regards to our STH group.

I recommend that all STH that remain or plan to renew, make their reasonable concerns heard now, they seem more interested than ever, regarding your "game day experience". Maybe even more receptive if your up for renewal, STH retention may actually be a thing this year.

Go Jets Go!

What issues will you be bringing up with them? Personally, I think the loge in-seat servers should pick up food from any restaurant within a two-block radius of the arena, and provide neck massages in between periods. :nod:

Reactions: Sabadecade

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Congrats! I hope you didn't have to murder anyone during pon farr.

This is my favorite Xmas ornament, btw:

upload_2019-12-18_21-50-29.png

Nothing says Christmas like a fight to the death! Unfortunately, Spock's lirpa was damaged somehow...

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg

Congrats, dude!

Reactions: Spock

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
congrats @Spock life is over as you know it

On topic, when our renewal came up last year we were contacted quite early about renewal, probably November. It wasn't the usual auto-renewal email, it was personalized communication. So I think they are starting to hurt.

Our old P3 seats remain un-purchased. I've been to a few games this year where I've seen them empty and have talked to our friends we used to sit beside and they have indicated that they are occasionally empty and never consistently have the same people show up (conceivably it could be a group of individuals like our so it's difficult to tell) so they don't believe they were sold either.

I do much prefer our new P3 seats, on the aisle, just across from the P2 folks. When we were in our old P3s it was quite a debate about renewal and if we did it would have been our last contract (taking us to 11 years of ownership). With the new, improved seats I'm way more inclined to renew. Still would like to get another person for our group as I find the 15 games I'm paying for to be more than I want. I get to another 5 or so through other means so it's more time than I want downtown.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville

After my first kid, I went from 40 games a season to about four.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
It sounds like it's been about the same time of year in the past. Just in the last couple of years, I guess they've been making a little more of a personal effort to "connect" with the main account holder. As it should be for any business transaction of this size, IMHO.

I'm also having my first child in March, so my priorities are changing. I'll still attend about five games a year going forward.

Understandable. Priorities. Congrats!

What issues will you be bringing up with them? Personally, I think the loge in-seat servers should pick up food from any restaurant within a two-block radius of the arena, and provide neck massages in between periods. :nod:

Funny you should say that. I'll be bringing up something similar... The in-seat service shouldn't be limited to a hard menu, I mean, if I can get up and get it within a 100m radius, it should be available to the loge section you're in. Example, a can of Stella's or a Ginger Ale soda are both not on the loge in seat menu but easily available a nearby concessions. Things like that. Small but they enhance the in-game experience for me.
Otherwise I won't use the in-seat service and get my own menu items.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I got the e-mail about 3 weeks ago P6. Wanted to discuss my options they said. So I e-mailed them back with questions. It took a week to hear back that sorry we can't answer the questions until we no more come some time in January.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country

Well that’s sounds quite logical. Congratulations!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

One-quarter should be more easily tolerated than one-half. Less is more. :laugh: Doesn't mean he/she will not be able to be rational at least some of the time.

Best wishes for a healthy, happy child. Warning, there will be pain and lost sleep.:laugh:

Edit: My group gives me 6 games/year so your 5 is in the ballpark.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I got the e-mail about 3 weeks ago P6. Wanted to discuss my options they said. So I e-mailed them back with questions. It took a week to hear back that sorry we can't answer the questions until we no more come some time in January.

At least they are leaving the possibility of answers open.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Hmm, let's gradually degrade the STH experience through the years, but let's not start with much of an experience to begin with!

A few years later "what did we do wrong?"

Reactions: Gm0ney

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
We are in p3 and go it to. I sent an email back asking what the pricing is going to be, how long of a contract and about seat relocation. Got an email back saying she didn't know what pricing or contact would be and nothing new about relocation. So i emailed back asking what was the point of her contacting me then if she can't answer my questions, also asked her what the perks of being a season ticket holder were anymore and that saying lower prices was not a good answer because you buy tickets easily now....her response, just wanted to let you know that you were up for renewal and that the perks of season ticket holders are lower prices and Jet rewards...o_O

Pretty much a waste of time....

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
We are in p3 and go it to. I sent an email back asking what the pricing is going to be, how long of a contract and about seat relocation. Got an email back saying she didn't know what pricing or contact would be and nothing new about relocation. So i emailed back asking what was the point of her contacting me then if she can't answer my questions, also asked her what the perks of being a season ticket holder were anymore and that saying lower prices was not a good answer because you buy tickets easily now....her response, just wanted to let you know that you were up for renewal and that the perks of season ticket holders are lower prices and Jet rewards...o_O

Pretty much a waste of time....

What a bizarre exchange. Perhaps your feelings about their service preceded you and they treated you "differently" as a result.

My ticket rep had an entirely different approach for some reason, perhaps they perceived my feelings about their service in a positive light somehow and proceeded to treat me accordingly.

I did ask the same two original questions you did "what the pricing is going to be, how long of a contract". I also asked if there were any "other differences from our current TPA to the new TPA we will be presented with". I'll admit, that last question of mine was baited, to see if they would volunteer/confirm the raise in the maximum annual increase from 3% to 5%.

They did answer the first question on a high level with some loose math but with the caveat that "things could change" higher or lower by the time the new TPAs were officially sent out. They told me that the term offered will only be 3 years and there will not be any other term options offered. They also volunteered/admitted that the only other thing that changed "to their knowledge" in the TPA was that the maximum annual increase was raised from 3% to 5%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad