Steven Stamkos career

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
I don't know if he'd age like Ovechkin in terms of always hitting 50, not just cause of aging but cause of the natural evolution of a player in his situation with his team having so many weapons as he aged that he didn't need to carry the burden of scoring as much, but yeah, Stamkos pre leg injury, what a beauty

one of the very few new NHL players I really like

one of the great guys in the league I think he's become so underrated and underappreciated

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Stamkos could become a bit of a mix of well known and what if....

He did really goes a bit under the radar in the context of how much he scored and the franchise success.

The 2010 and 2014 Olympics was really bad timming, many playoff run burned, so many of those could have written his name in the hockey history stone missed all along.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
His scoring longevity is very impressive, but people seem to be dismissive of his recent years because of the perceptions that he has benefitted a lot from a strong team/good talent around him and that he can't really be an offensive catalyst anymore. I think he's had a great career for himself. I'm not sure how much better he would have done without breaking his leg. If he had had another two or three years of being a top five scorer and the kind of prime longevity he's had, you have to think he would have a very compelling case for being in the top 100 All-Time even with a lackluster (for a superstar) playoff career.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I assume he would have been much more interesting before the leg. We got a much less robust version who was the worst playoff player of his generation. It's too bad.
Not this again...??

As statistical analysis (probably by @pnep but I can't remember) has shown, Stamkos' playoff scoring takes an only slightly larger-than-average dip in the post-season. It's hardly catastrophic.

Just the facts that Stamkos...
-- scored 11 playoff goals on a Cup winner
-- has 101 points in 128 playof games

...pretty much rules him out of this conversation as "worst".

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad