Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award 2015

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
I would vote to give it to Talbot

He has been asked to step up in a huge way this season. Now I understand the starts have been eventful but I think the extra effort is embodied by a guy being asked to fill a role outside his comfort zone

I have to second that. Hanks shoes are a lot to fill

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
It has to be Nash. Didn´t think Zucc would get it, but he might be a dark horse after his contract signing. Who knows.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Why in the world would we want to trade away a very solid defenseman on a very reasonable contract (2.9 cap hit) who will not be a UFA until 2018?

You totally read my mind. Guy has to be off limits unless we get two number one picks for him and even then not sure i would trade him. Have we realized how much this guy means to this team?!?! For the money he is a top 8-10 defense man in this league

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
A lot of very deserving candidates on this team but I think Nash has separated himself as the most deserving. If I had to rank a few names it would be Nash then in order Klein, Brass, Hayes, Cam, Zuke, Hags and Moore.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
I would definitely not give it to Talbot. He's been OK at stopping the puck but he gives it away on his passes as often as Donald Trump gives his opinion. If the Rangers didn't pick up their scoring during his tenure as starter he'd be a little over .500. I tend to go with the underdog on this award so I'd give it to Klein but wouldn't argue with Nash.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Nash very easily IMO. He lost weight and got in better shape, found his offensive game again, and established himself as a top two-way forward.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Going off the board here, but for the expectations suddenly heaped on him, and how he's responded, Cam Talbot.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I think Nash has a good shot based on a great year coming after a less than expected year. If not Nash than I think it will be Zooks.

Since many people view this award as a hustle award I think Hagelin and Klein should get their share of votes as well.

member 116805

Any special reason why the award was given to two players in 1989-90?
Only year that was done, so I figure there might have been.

Night owl

Jan 10, 2011
Norwegian mountains
Maybe it should go to Sather for the extra effort he has shown, when solving the Cap space puzzle and give us the best possible team entering the playoffs?

The Beezer

Jan 24, 2010
Jersey
Tough vote this year, lots of players are deserving. But since Hank went down this team hasnt missed a beat. Also more importantly they didnt need to move any chips for another goalie. For these reasons, I think Cam is the pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad