Waived: Steven Kampfer (cleared waivers), Kindl recalled & demoted back

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Why replace Mike Matheson with a Mike Matheson prototype with no potential? If it's just for a 7th dman, why wasn't kampfer good enough?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Oh he asked to be traded? I would still rather have anyone else up. Give mccoshen a look.
I really doubt Kindl is going play more than what Kampfer has so far, unless Matheson starts bombing it in every game or someone gets injured.

We just swapped the popcorn eater and Kampfer gets to play in Springfield if he clears, that's the way I'd look at it.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hmm, now GR deleted the tweet that said Kampfer asked for a trade. Spoke too much or wrong info?

In past, Panthers hesitated putting Steven Kampfer on waivers figuring he would be claimed. Source says he asked for trade; scratched 11/12 pic.twitter.com/D3Ov5VEK4T
— George Richards (@GeorgeRichards) November 6, 2016

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
It wouldn't be too surprising if he did ask for a trade though. I am a bit surprised he hasn't seen more action. Most teams seem to have played 7+ defenseman more then Florida has. He needs games to be/stay match fit. Then again, I would think Panthers could get something for him at the very least a draft pick.

Still. Will be interesting to see if he gets claimed. Before the season I would have said absolutely. But now has has seen little to no action and the one time he did play he didn't have his best game.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
giphy.gif

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
I'd rather see a Jovo-Kuba pairing play 30 minutes a night for the rest of the year than see Kindl in the lineup ever again.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So, we have two healthy scratches on the blueline?

Coach Gerard Gallant’s brief comment on the arrival of Kindl — “I have no thoughts on it; we put a guy on waivers and that wasn’t a coaching decision but a management decision†— may tell the way the Panthers are leaning on which player is headed to the minors.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nhl/florida-panthers/article113057803.html#storylink=cpy

Kindl is going to be waived on Thursday when Jokinen is activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad