Confirmed with Link: Steve Mears to replace Jeff Rimer as CBJ TV Play by Play Voice

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

f***.

I guess this means I'm not getting rid of DirecTV anytime soon. Unless of course the CBJ do a different deal. As I understand it, every team's deal expires after this season as part of the most recent bailout so a new deal of some sort still needs to be negotiated.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I dont care how much tenure you have, ESPN is liable to cut you out at any moment. It may be his dream job and if it is and is offered to him he should jump on it.

His kids just finished college, I believe. There are people that just don't like Bristol, CT.

There is a reason Mike and Mike broke up. Greenberg hated Bristol and wanted to move to NY and Golic hates NY. Cowherd left CT for Los Angeles. SVP left to work from his home area in DC. Olbermann and Dan Patrick have said it.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
His kids just finished college, I believe. There are people that just don't like Bristol, CT.

There is a reason Mike and Mike broke up. Greenberg hated Bristol and wanted to move to NY and Golic hates NY. Cowherd left CT for Los Angeles. SVP left to work from his home area in DC. Olbermann and Dan Patrick have said it.
This is your hill and that's fine everyone has one, myself included. I'm not even commenting on Bucci's likelihood of coming to be the voice of the CBJ or whether he's ready for a change of any kind.

I was just responding to that particular tweet you shared, which is a very common type of humility comment I've heard used in one form or another hundreds of times. I don't think it's reasonable at all to draw the conclusion you did.

The good news is we'll never know and whether Bucci comes here or not we can both claim to have been right, and nothing warms my heart more than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
For the Love......

Just cut ties with Bally already and just let me know what I can do to drop DirecTV and still watch while saving money.
I dropped DirecTV and went to DirecTV Stream. Saved me about half my normal bill and I can watch it anywhere in the world. No satellite dish required.

Reactions: CBJx614

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Arace is generally pretty credible because he's old-school journalism and not clickbait sports media.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I think I could get used to his voice. I'm not a particularly big fan of the Monsters guy who seems to be getting a lot of love in the Monsters thread but Fuehring sounds quite alright to my ears.

Here's a quick story of his first NHL (radio) broadcast:

I'd agree with your opinion of the Monsters play by play guy, don't love his voice.

This Alan Fuehring has a good voice.

I would still be happy with Bobby Mac. Any guesses, if the TV gig went to someone other than BobbyMac do you think he'd stay here as the radio guy or do you think he would go somewhere else looking for more opportunity to move up? I'd hate to lose him, I like hi on the radio and like him hosting his weekly podcast.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'd agree with your opinion of the Monsters play by play guy, don't love his voice.

This Alan Fuehring has a good voice.

I would still be happy with Bobby Mac. Any guesses, if the TV gig went to someone other than BobbyMac do you think he'd stay here as the radio guy or do you think he would go somewhere else looking for more opportunity to move up? I'd hate to lose him, I like hi on the radio and like him hosting his weekly podcast.
I only have one issue with Bobby Mac, but it's an intractable one. He has got to stop those annoying cliches he's so fond of, particular during goals scored. They're just so forced and overscripted and just plain cringe that it yanks you right out of the game. It's like the Chili Chant but a thousand times worse. :(

Get rid of that and he'd be just fine.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I think I could get used to his voice. I'm not a particularly big fan of the Monsters guy who seems to be getting a lot of love in the Monsters thread but Fuehring sounds quite alright to my ears.

Hes got a good hockey voice. Clear, concise, and not overly filed with forced cliches to try to make people remember him.

Reactions: Viqsi and CBJx614

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Our erstwhile friend Jake Voracek in that last clip too.

Look, he has a nice enough voice. But it’s less about the voice and more about the content. Only way to know that is to have a guy call your games and figure out if you like him or not.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I only have one issue with Bobby Mac, but it's an intractable one. He has got to stop those annoying cliches he's so fond of, particular during goals scored. They're just so forced and overscripted and just plain cringe that it yanks you right out of the game. It's like the Chili Chant but a thousand times worse. :(

Get rid of that and he'd be just fine.
He filled in for Rimer a couple times in the past couple years and I don't think he has used those cliches when doing TV work. So it's the radio persona vs the tv persona. I don't think you have to be concerned with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad