Stay Classy Tim Leiweke

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Just wait and see what prepared statement he has ready to read to ease Leafs fans when they call for his head after a terrible season by the Leafs.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Who cares ?

The guy is a Corporate Suit. He says what makes him money.

I thank him for his hard work and non meddling (with Dean).

It brought LA a Cup....

Done over with it.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
When I went to one of the player apperances earlier this year, a lot of the cars passing by the long line i was in had people asking what it was all about even though it was so obvious that it was for Kings fans (almost everyone was wearing Kings gear). People are still clueless about the Kings even after the Cup win. Can you imagine if it was the Ducks? People would even be more clueless.

Jun 30, 2006
I was told by someone that is well known in the org that Lieweekly wanted a piece of the ownership of the Kings by becoming friendly with the potential buyers of AEG when it was for sale. Tim wanted to solidify his place with the Kings and was looking to have a piece of ownership stake with the potential buyers.

This set off Phil because that is not what he was told to do, and he blew up the sale right then. Lieweekly is a salesman, not a businessman.

Ron*

Leiweke's statements in those interview are feeding off misconceptions about Kings fans.

No, Tim, we just didn't show up when we won the Stanley Cup. Get over yourself. We've been here all along. You didn't "rebirth" hockey in Los Angeles. And of course its a hockeytown. How can you possibly contradict one of your other star players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad