Confirmed with Link: Stars sign Oettinger to 8-year, $8.25m AAV contract extension

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Good to get it out of the way early . Now Wyatt needs to get gone and at some point next year Robo

This also really help the teams cap planning for next season.

Reactions: Dallasman

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Good to get it out of the way early . Now Wyatt needs to get gone and at some point next year Robo

This also really help the teams cap planning for next season.

It'll be interesting to see how this team manages the cap.

Hintz, Heiskanen already on big contracts. Lindell I suppose too.

Now Oettinger joins them. Johnston will get one just as big if not bigger. Harley needs a new deal in a couple of years. Stankoven too

Will there be room for Robertson still? Luckily his play is bringing that price down but it won't be cheap either way.

Reactions: MBTendy

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
It'll be interesting to see how this team manages the cap.

Hintz, Heiskanen already on big contracts. Lindell I suppose too.

Now Oettinger joins them. Johnston will get one just as big if not bigger. Harley needs a new deal in a couple of years. Stankoven too

Will there be room for Robertson still? Luckily his play is bringing that price down but it won't be cheap either way.

I wonder if down the road, Robo is the odd man out or they try to move on from Roope.

It will be really interesting to see how it will play out though, and it’s a great problem to have.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I wonder if down the road, Robo is the odd man out or they try to move on from Roope.

It will be really interesting to see how it will play out though, and it’s a great problem to have.

I think it's more likely they'll be looking to find a way to move Seguin in his last season if they have to . Maybe he's also an LTIR guy by that point considering his injury history

Reactions: MBTendy

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Glad this got done now.

With the crazy Igor request, and Otter playing so well to start the season, that $8.25M could have turned into $9M+ real quick. Him, Swayman, & Sorokin all very similar levels, easy contract to get done.

Can't believe this is only his age 26 season, got him locked up in his prime.

Reactions: roryjones

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
It's about a million more than I'd want to have paid, but with the going rate what it is and the cap raising, it's not surprising.
I love this part of contract discourse but were there any comparables to even support Oettinger getting less than 8M? The entire market shifted- 8M is the stud goalie number. Oettinger could've held 10M over the Stars into next summer. His resume is a lottttt more impressive than Swaymans.

Reactions: Elysian

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I love this part of contract discourse but were there any comparables to even support Oettinger getting less than 8M? The entire market shifted- 8M is the stud goalie number. Oettinger could've held 10M over the Stars into next summer. His resume is a lottttt more impressive than Swaymans.
Is it though? He's played in more games sure, but Swayman has the better numbers.
They are pretty comparable, there's no scenario barring a really strong year for Oetter this year, that he has a legitimate case for 10M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad