Tarnation
  • Haha
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Only caught the 3rd period but the team looked good. Organized and controlled.

Except for the 6 on 5 but that's understandable. Stars goal #2 was the result of some miscommunication on who was to cover whom.

The Stars got away with running a lot of interference and cheap shots.

UPL was solid in net. Totally screened of Stars goal #1. Made a valiant effort on Seguins goal. Looked focused, sharp and agile overall.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Watching this game on a delay, just got to the McLeod goal. Amid an overall disappointing start for the team, he's been a pleasant surprise.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
But apparently you have forgotten the 35 save performance against the Blackhawks.

UPL has had two good-to-excellent games in a row.

And frankly, he's been at minimum "good" in 3 of his last 4.
He was pretty good against the Hawks, but his rebound control was horrible.

Tonight was, by far, his best game of the season.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
1000001862.png

2 points outside the division lead

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
He has.

But my point is -- if we had a competent 3rd goalie in the organization, now would be an excellent time to let Levi absolutely soak up starts in Rochester. UPL seems to have found his form. Levi is, of course, going nowhere right now.

with expansion coming soon, one of the two are gone anyways.

get the most out of this tandem now and stop thinking about the future, which almost certainly will not exist the way some are hoping

Better to keep Levi fresh for his 25 starts up here instead of bringing up a tired Levi

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
He has.

But my point is -- if we had a competent 3rd goalie in the organization, now would be an excellent time to let Levi absolutely soak up starts in Rochester. UPL seems to have found his form. Levi is, of course, going nowhere right now.
Yes, it's such a stupid situation that Adams has created. Levi simply won't get the game practice he really needs, UPL in good shape won't give him many games.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He was pretty good against the Hawks, but his rebound control was horrible.

Tonight was, by far, his best game of the season.
A lot of why he looks good is that his line mates and him seem to really be on the same page. They’re supporting him well, and you see what happens.

Imagine what it would look like if the top two lines supported each other like that.

I for one am eager for SundherDome to enter his insufferable form.
He might even get as bad as oilers fans after a few wins lol.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
When did they re-tool? From 2016-2018 they were a decent team that got a little unlucky then moved up 5 places in the draft and got very lucky to select 3 all-stars.

They didn't trade away anyone of note.
That's my point. They didn't have to start being bottom feeders. Heiskanan is the only high pick they have had. Sure, they got lucky. When you stink for 13 years that is more than bad luck.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
That's my point. They didn't have to start being bottom feeders. Heiskanan is the only high pick they have had. Sure, they got lucky. When you stink for 13 years that is more than bad luck.

Lucky is doing a lot of work for 'one of the best draft classes in the modern era'. But yeah it's been pretty nice for them.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Healthy Tage is a dangerous Tage.
I've had countless rants name dropping players I wanted off this team. I kept his name out my mouth during those rants for a reason. His potential is just too damn high. What he did two seasons ago wasn't just luck. He can create so much offense by himself, and now the two-way game is starting to come to light, which is usually the last piece of the game a C masters.

I am worried about his durability. I did worry if he'd ever become a good enough two-way player to be a 1C. There's still a lot of hockey to be played, but he's looked the part from what I've seen. Fingers crossed it continues.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Or @TehDoak can stop in and mention that they would also have to pay the recall during their time up and that might be the value of some emergency yacht floaters or some such.

To be fair, that. would qualify and Economic, the one of Kevyn's Pillars of employment. I believe NHL players are paid by days on the roster, not by game. Calling a NHL minimum salary up is 775k, divided by 192 days, that's a cool 4k day.

That's pays for a week of private chef for the Yacht, at least. Or donations to some shady superpac to keep their personal taxes low.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
To be fair, that. would qualify and Economic, the one of Kevyn's Pillars of employment. I believe NHL players are paid by days on the roster, not by game. Calling a NHL minimum salary up is 775k, divided by 192 days, that's a cool 4k day.

Yep, they are paid per day. 4K is like a high-end recreational sea kayak or maybe some designer sunscreen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad