GDT: Stars at Sabres, 7 PM ET, October 22, 2024

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I predict another 6 goal game for Dallas. The Stars are not the Blackhawks and are 20x's better than Columbus. On a scale of which organization is fundamentally better and has a better future. Dallas is like 4 levels above this puddle.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I don't really understand why Zack freaking Benson is out there playing while injured. NHL is stupid. Sit your injured players. They are trotted on the ice and play like crap, like that is helping anyone?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I don't really understand why Zack freaking Benson is out there playing while injured. NHL is stupid. Sit your injured players. They are trotted on the ice and play like crap, like that is helping anyone?
Please note that what I'm about to say isn't a defense:

The reason why Benson is/was playing is because we're only keeping 13 forwards....and our 13th and 14th forwards are already playing (Krebs/Kulich). Benson, while hurt, isn't/wasn't AS hurt as Greenway......so Benson played.

Combine this with Ruff/Adams wanting to keep Gilbert and Bryson up......and an apparent reticence to play 11/7 (outside of one game).....and that's why Benson played hurt.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Please note that what I'm about to say isn't a defense:

The reason why Benson is/was playing is because we're only keeping 13 forwards....and our 13th and 14th forwards are already playing (Krebs/Kulich). Benson, while hurt, isn't/wasn't AS hurt as Greenway......so Benson played.

Combine this with Ruff/Adams wanting to keep Gilbert and Bryson up......and an apparent reticence to play 11/7 (outside of one game).....and that's why Benson played hurt.
Couldn't they just retro IR Greenway and call up a healthy forward or IR both and have Greenway miss tonight and Benson miss tonight and Sat?

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Couldn't they just retro IR Greenway and call up a healthy forward or IR both and have Greenway miss tonight and Benson miss tonight and Sat?

It would make more sense to shut down someone who is struggling through an injury and make the IR-based player recall but this is the NHL where manly manliness must manly be manned by the man.

Or @TehDoak can stop in and mention that they would also have to pay the recall during their time up and that might be the value of some emergency yacht floaters or some such.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Might tune in for this one. Im battling a cold. There's only so much spooky stuff I can watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad