Online Series: Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It seems that both of these were to introduce more Star Wars "beasts" to the canon universe that we haven't seen before. Not sure if they meant it that way, but it seems next episode is when the hype starts when "supposedly" an Mandalorian is on Frog Planet. Personally, I quite like seeing these ultra dangerous beast, only part I dislike was how the X-Wing fighters randomly found them and then saved them.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It seems that both of these were to introduce more Star Wars "beasts" to the canon universe that we haven't seen before. Not sure if they meant it that way, but it seems next episode is when the hype starts when "supposedly" an Mandalorian is on Frog Planet. Personally, I quite like seeing these ultra dangerous beast, only part I dislike was how the X-Wing fighters randomly found them and then saved them.

Well, we have seen a Krayt Dragon skeleton and heard its roar before :)

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Also, toddlers love attention even if it's negative attention. We see Baby Yoda test Mando's patience a lot. The joys of being a parent.

In that case, you're not disagreeing with me. If the child kept eating the eggs because he loves negative attention and testing Mando's patience, then he knew what he was doing.

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Have to disagree here. Not that it really matters, but...

I don't think there's a deeper element here. The eggs were something he's never seen before that could fit into his mouth, so he eats them (and seemingly likes the taste). Taking the ball off of the controller was something new he had figured out, so it intrigued him. I can't tell you how many times my son tools around with things like the controller. Once they figure out something new- they want to do it over and over again.

Also, toddlers love attention even if it's negative attention. We see Baby Yoda test Mando's patience a lot. The joys of being a parent.

I took it as more of a natural diet thing. Based on ESB if you consider swampland to be a Yoda's natural environment then creepy crawlies like frogs, frog eggs, spiders, could be a Baby Yoda's natural diet. I saw him lighting up at the eggs out of recognition, not childish curiosity.

Reactions: Osprey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
12545730-1794814816572062.jpg

Apparently, that's an actual product from Funko. The only thing better would've been if his hand were reaching inside... or, wait, if you could fill it with M&Ms or something and snack on them, yourself.

Also, an article on the controversy:

Lucasfilm executive defends controversial Baby Yoda moment in 'The Mandalorian'

Last edited:
Reactions: Baby Punisher

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm an idiot

The guy at the end of episode 1 is Temuera Morrison

If it makes you feel better, I did the same. I was genuinely perplexed that so many people here believed that he was alive, seemingly because Timothy Olyphant was wearing his armor (badly). It's a good thing that I decided to check the cast list at IMDb before posting.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobBrown4PM

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If it makes you feel better, I did the same. I was genuinely perplexed that so many people here believed that he was alive, seemingly because Timothy Olyphant was wearing his armor (badly). It's a good thing that I decided to check the cast list at IMDb before posting.

Watch the end credits from Chapter 9. They always list the cast in order of appearance. Morrison's name was the last.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The Sarlacc definitely did a number on him. He'd only actually be like 37-38 years old at this point, but he looks way older.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Watch the end credits from Chapter 9. They always list the cast in order of appearance. Morrison's name was the last.

That would be too easy.
The Sarlacc definitely did a number on him. He'd only actually be like 37-38 years old at this point, but he looks way older.

Also, if you wore a metal helmet all of the time, especially on a desert planet, you probably wouldn't look too youthful, either. There's a reason why the insides of Hot Pocket sleeves are metallic.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
He literally ate actual live frogs last season and nobody had a problem with it. But eating unfertilized frog eggs? Offended!

The eggs where from a highly intelligent alien life form that was wanting to save her family line that's a big difference from eating a live frog that is similar to what we have in the real world.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The eggs where from a highly intelligent alien life form that was wanting to save her family line that's a big difference from eating a live frog that is similar to what we have in the real world.

She repeatedly left the only things important to her alone with a toddler and didn't notice that their number kept decreasing. How highly intelligent can she be? ;)

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
She repeatedly left the only things important to her alone with a toddler and didn't notice that their number kept decreasing. How highly intelligent can she be? ;)

Not like the show really thought this far, but if you really want to get into the little details then from a naturalists perspective while a primate mother will give birth to a single child which it loves and nurtures an amphibian can lay hundreds of eggs of which only a couple, if any, may live long enough to reach adulthood and breed themselves.

Who knows what an intelligent species of frog people would be like, but considering they're not overrunning the galaxy you probably don't need to anthropomorphize them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad