Online Series: Star Trek: Picard season 3

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
Some improvement logging in. Still not fluid, but I'm here, so....

There's an extended trailer for S3, with a TNG classic character reveal at the end.

Editing: Female villain is played by Amanda Plummer. I didn't recognize her.

Last edited:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The only good thing about this show is watching the RLM reviews about it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Thanks for the tips. I'll check my settings. Just logging back in to reply to you took several attempts.
Try setting it to accepting all cookies and make sure that you don't have the option to clear cookies on exit set. You could also try adding "hfboards.com" to "Sites that can always use cookies." It's also possible that an extension is interfering, especially a privacy/security extension.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mimsy

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
Try setting it to accepting all cookies and make sure that you don't have the option to clear cookies on exit set. You could also try adding "hfboards.com" to "Sites that can always use cookies." It's also possible that an extension is interfering, especially a privacy/security extension.
Tinkering with 3rd party cookies settings worked (I couldn't log in again until I allowed them). Hopefully, this works consistently. Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: Osprey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I don't doubt it. I've learned to count on the hype for modern Trek being misleading.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So, is CBS near point yet that they are done pissing on the legacy of Star Trek?

As far as I am concerned Star Trek ended with the disappointing Enterprise. Which in hindsight looks amazing compared to the bastardized Star Trek's since

Reactions: Guardian17

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I know. You've told us half a dozen times already.
And will tell more times, if necessary.

So, is CBS near point yet that they are done pissing on the legacy of Star Trek?

As far as I am concerned Star Trek ended with the disappointing Enterprise. Which in hindsight looks amazing compared to the bastardized Star Trek's since
Strange New Worlds season 1 was really good.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
That trailer left me remarkably indifferent. Maybe I'll actually like it if they churn out something half decent this time because my expectations are so low.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

This is the Hollywood way. Just can't help torching legacies. I've seen it so many times.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
And will tell more times, if necessary.
I don't understand why. You're the only one who cares and only because he started saying what you want to hear. You never inundated us with his opinions when he was trashing modern Trek (including SNW). Frankly, it seems a little scary that you're so willing to follow and promote a person the moment that he says what you want to hear, no matter what he's stood for in the past, but you do what you think is necessary.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't understand why. You're the only one who cares and only because he started saying what you want to hear. You never inundated us with his opinions when he was trashing modern Trek (including SNW). Frankly, it seems a little scary that you're so willing to follow and promote a person the moment that he says what you want to hear, no matter what he's stood for in the past, but you do what you think is necessary.
Well let's not pretend you've ever posted opinions that you disagreed with.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
RMB said on Campea's show today that he's so convinced of the quality of the season that if the majority of people who watch it, think it sinks, he'll stick his head in the sand forever and leave social media.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
FnlPXNNaMAEfuyS

FnlPXNMaAAEy0zC

What do you guys think about the hero ship for S3? USS Titan I believe.

I think it looks pretty good. I like how it's a blend between 80's movie era Trek, and 90's TNG era Trek.

The only part I don't really like is the front part of the hull.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
FnlPXNNaMAEfuyS

FnlPXNMaAAEy0zC

What do you guys think about the hero ship for S3? USS Titan I believe.

I think it looks pretty good. I like how it's a blend between 80's movie era Trek, and 90's TNG era Trek.

The only part I don't really like is the front part of the hull.
I don't dislike it. The enlarged back of the neck looks a little weird to me, but I overall don't mind it. It does seem to be a blend of 80s and 90s Trek and that makes it feel a little nostalgic, but so does the fact that we're viewing it as a physical model. Unfortunately, what we'll get in the show will be a completely CGI version that'll likely be less appealing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't dislike it. The enlarged back of the neck looks a little weird to me, but I overall don't mind it. It does seem to be a blend of 80s and 90s Trek and that makes it feel a little nostalgic, but so does the fact that we're viewing it as a physical model. Unfortunately, what we'll get in the show will be a completely CGI version that'll likely be less appealing.
Since the show has confirmed STO ships appearing in it, if they ever get the Lexington Class Dreadnoughts in some form...

That's my Terran version of it, with Assimilated Shields, Deflector and Engine, hence the Borg look. Absolute bad ass of a ship.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Unfortunately, while we have the other TNG stars, the creative team of Executive Producer Alex Kurtzman and showrunner Terry Matalas didn’t bother to grab any of that show’s lightness of tone. Picard remains a grimdark slog, shot on perpetually underlit sets and featuring a succession of increasingly-bleak setpieces. The plot is stretched so thin that the first four episodes turn out to be little more than an extended prologue for the rest. A prologue that could, I should add, have been an efficient, and possibly more enjoyable, hour. The story is so obvious, too, that you’ll be ahead of the characters pretty much non-stop as they stumble from one idiot plot to the next.
I’ll also add that the trailers and promotional material have very intentionally kept a lot of material back. There are more classic-era heroes and villains crowbarring their way into the story in the way that, if it were fanfiction, would seem excessive. But, if I’m honest, the second or third time someone, or something, familiar popped up, I wasn’t whooping and cheering, I was sighing. The Star Trek universe is vast and broad and deep, but Picard makes it feel like a puddle where everyone knows each other, and everyone under the age of 30 has grown up watching The Next Generation.
Maybe that’s why I feel so annoyed by Picard, because all of the things that are wrong with the show, and its kin, are examples of amateurishness. Amateurish plotting, amateurish dialogue, a lack of thoughtfulness about the material, what it says, or what it’s doing. Just an endless parade of big, dumb, brash, po-faced melodrama used in place of some sort of maturity or integrity. I don’t expect Star Trek to be brilliant all the damn time, but I do expect a minimum standard of something to be upheld. And this falls so far below it, it’s hard to call it Star Trek.

Reactions: Guardian17

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I do appreciate a lot of Burnett's takes so this is promising. He's maybe the only person to have the cajones to say that there were no good TNG movies (First Contact was ok to decent at best. If it didn't have the Enterprise-E it would have been a hack job).

There are some minor spoilers he gave in that interview plus along with the Briefing Logs released online, we learn a little more about what the TNG crew was up to, what the Enterprise-F's role will be, and who most likely is coming back from the other series. If you don't want to know anything, don't look at the logs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad