Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
Why shouldn't he? The guy is blowing everyone away statistically and might do something only the two greatest players of all time have ever done.

If that's not Conn Smythe worthy I don't know what is.
If they lose tonight, no way does he deserve it. Not that it matters, I think it would feel pretty shitty to win that award while your team lost handily to the only truly tough opponent you faced in the playoffs.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If they lose tonight, no way does he deserve it. Not that it matters, I think it would feel pretty shitty to win that award while your team lost handily to the only truly tough opponent you faced in the playoffs.
I mean it goes to the “most valuable player to his team” in the playoffs. Just because you lose in the finals doesn’t mean you don’t deserve it.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Anyone else excited to see Divesaitl lose tonight and morph into his final form of Crysaitl? That guy is wholly unlikeable.

I wouldn't hate McDavid winning a cup at some point. I just don't want it to be with Edmonton, because f*** them and their ass fans.
You haven't happened to have actually met Leon, have you?

That just seems overly harsh for a guy whose entire career so far has been to play the hockey version of Barbara Hershey in Beaches.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Why shouldn't he? The guy is blowing everyone away statistically and might do something only the two greatest players of all time have ever done.

If that's not Conn Smythe worthy I don't know what is.

The stats are amazing but I'm giving it to someone on the winning team. If the losing player is head and shoulders above everyone (he is) and the series is a toss up? Exceptions can be made.

No regular season MVP for players on non-playoff teams. No playoff MVP for non-Stanley Cup winners (for the most part). That's just my stance on it, to each their own.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
You haven't happened to have actually met Leon, have you?

That just seems overly harsh for a guy whose entire career so far has been to play the hockey version of Barbara Hershey in Beaches.
Ok fair enough.

Let me rephrase. I find his on-ice persona wholly unlikeable. Cherry picking. Diving. Whining. His play acting vs the Avs in 2022 was embarrassing - acting like he could barely stand up off the puck, then receiving the puck and suddenly he's fine.

• Love
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
If Bobsie or Bobcat (I am not sure what is his nick name in Florida) shuts out or is close to a shutting down Oilers then let him have those rewards and gifts including a SC.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
Not only did Edmonton score the shorthanded goal but they had the two next best chances on the Florida power play, too. We like to complain about the Avs powerkill but the Panthers are next level.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Florida seriously needs to hyper focus how to work around this Oil PK. It's absurd how bad they look. They telegraph their passes and the Oilers' forward just easily step it intercept them. I'd abandon the PP units and just go with lines 1 and 2. The extra forward isn't worth the risk anymore.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Before game 4, Panthers PBP guy(who I don’t really like) and the NHL Network crew were already talking about who would Barkov hand the cup to first. Would be pretty embarrassing for that dude if Panthers blow this and lose the series

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Barkov looked so bad on the SHG that he should be removed from the Conn Smythe conversation.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
That short handed goal changed everything. If there's a next game, (looking like there will be) the Panthers PP just needs to focus on not giving up a shortie.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
That short handed goal changed everything. If there's a next game, (looking like there will be) the Panthers PP just needs to focus on not giving up a shortie.
Or just decline PP….

Like the Avs should have done many times this year

Reactions: sethro109

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad