Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
If McDavid wins the cup, imagine the number of f***ing threads on the main board about 'How much more does McDavid have to do before he is considered the greatest of all time". The amount of slobbering over the dude is also at super gross levels. I want nothing but failure for him and his legion of minions who can't go 30 minutes without creating new, and obnoxious commentary on how f***ing great he is. Yea, he's great. Cool story. There've been many greats and there will be many more. Stop choking on his chode so much.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I want to see greatness shine through and there's no one greater than McDavid. I'll be rooting for him to win it all.
I mean I hope the Oilers win this series because I hate Mr Potato Head’s style of hockey and also am a little more worried about Dallas beating Florida than the Oilers.

Cats would have gone from Vasi to Swayman to Igor to get to the Finals so watching them light up Skinner would be a lot more fun than playing Otter (even though I think he’s the worst of the 4).

I do hope McDavid wins one Cup (not multiple) eventually but not until he’s left the Oilers. All the bandwagoners who didn’t care about the Canucks before this season finally went away until September, I don’t want to deal with all the Alberta transplants crawling back out even though there’s a lot less of them here now with TMX done

Reactions: The Moops

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If McDavid wins the cup, imagine the number of f***ing threads on the main board about 'How much more does McDavid have to do before he is considered the greatest of all time". The amount of slobbering over the dude is also at super gross levels. I want nothing but failure for him and his legion of minions who can't go 30 minutes without creating new, and obnoxious commentary on how f***ing great he is. Yea, he's great. Cool story. There've been many greats and there will be many more. Stop choking on his chode so much.
I don't really care about that. McDavid is probably the greatest all time, yes I said it. Competition tougher, all that shit. But it would be kinda funny if he failed to win.

But most importantly, the Oilers must not win. That's the most intolerable fanbase here at HF, and f*** them Canadian teams in general. McDavid can win his cup with Tampa or Chicago or LA (or with us :naughty:) when he's 39 years old.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I don't really care about that. McDavid is probably the greatest all time, yes I said it. Competition tougher, all that shit. But it would be kinda funny if he failed to win.

But most importantly, the Oilers must not win. That's the most intolerable fanbase here at HF, and f*** them Canadian teams in general. McDavid can win his cup with Tampa or Chicago or LA (or with us :naughty:) when he's 39 years old.
I am sorry, the greatest? That's silly.

Reactions: Bender

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Some nice physical play from McDavid early on.

A wild stat (at least to me): MacKinnon was credited with 8 hits in 11 playoff games. McDavid has 27 hits in 13 games coming into tonight.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Ah oh Skinner

And a tie game. Looks like this one might be goaltending optional game

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Did the Avs loosen the lid on the jar (Stars) so the Oilers could fully open it? Stars stink
Mack taking out Hintz (with what really looked like a pretty routine crosscheck albeit to the wrist) hurt them a lot. Stars are also just garbage at home for reasons

Also for real the Oilers familiarity with playing Tanev really helps them but we also may have helped that by getting him banged up

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Somebody poke Daboer, I thought he was the mastermind genius of the world!!

Oilers outshooting the Stars 16-4 in the first. If anything DeBoer needs a wake up call, this isn't Bednar anymore. Oilers can adjust.

I do think the Avs gassed the Stars a bit.
Yea let's not act like the Stars are no longer good because they aren't playing us

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Notice how the Oilers are playing the damn dump and chase game? That was a winnable series for the Avs if they had been hungrier and committed to it (and figured out how to execute the damn corner dump) instead of being stubborn and pouty about not being able to play ‘their game’ the way they wanted

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Notice how the Oilers are playing the damn dump and chase game? They was a winnable series for the Avs if they had been hungrier and committed to it (and figured out how to execute the damn corner dump) instead of being stubborn and pouty about not being able to play ‘their game’ the way they wanted
Players didn't decide on their own how to play, they were instructed to play a certain style.

mack74

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2023
Kamloops, BC
The worst thing about the Oilers winning would be the Conn Smythe being awarded to Bouchard because the universe is cruel and you know it would happen. Then the ensuing “Bouchard is better than Makar” ridiculous takes from Oilers fans all next year. I would probably have to take a hiatus from HF

Reactions: BaconNater

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The worst thing about the Oilers winning would be the Conn Smythe being awarded to Bouchard because the universe is cruel and you know it would happen. Then the ensuing “Bouchard is better than Makar” ridiculous takes from Oilers fans all next year. I would probably have to take a hiatus from HF
First of all, Oilers are not winning the Cup. Second of all, they are not winning this series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad