Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Leafs have 17.5M in cap space this Summer but they need three forwards and, more importantly, two top-four defensemen and a goaltender.

Another interesting Summer in T.O.

I imagine they'll go cheap on a goaltender to tandem with Woll, and give Easton Cowan every opportunity to crack the top-six.

Watch the Leafs be the team to sign Sean Walker to a big contract.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
The Leafs have 17.5M in cap space this Summer but they need three forwards and, more importantly, two top-four defensemen and a goaltender.

I imagine they'll go cheap on a goaltender to tandem with Woll, and give Easton Cowan every opportunity to crack the top-six.

Nah they'll sign Stamkos to 12 million and go with the "Fab Five" who make $60 million dollars a year instead hahaha.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Gonna be funny to see woll get blamed for the leafs missing playoffs next year.

Reactions: Ncit3

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Incredibly fitting for the Leafs to blow it by getting caught sleeping. That Nylander controller disconnect was hilarious
I actually don't think it's his job to go down low there and I don't think he would have beaten Pastrnak anyways, who was streaking through the neutral zone. But optics of the engagement level was not great.

There are a bunch of coverage errors on the play, but I think the biggest one is Samsonov letting the puck slide right in front of him. Need a poke check there from your goalie.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
giphy - Copy.gif

Feels pretty good to wake up with no Leafs in the playoffs

Here are my guesses what's going to happen:

- Keefe is gone. Sorry, 5 years and one playoff win is just not good enough. I think he's a good coach, he has his flaws but he will definitely coach again. Pittsburgh? :naughty:

- Marner is gone. At this point, he's the scapegoat for the fans, and it's not exactly the first time. Nylander played well after coming back from injury, and he has always been the best playoff performer of the three. Also has a new contract. Matthews looked good before his injury, and even today at like 20% was better than Mitch, also has a new deal kicking in. Marner has to realize that he's not going to be welcomed back by the fans, and maybe he's not even going to be offered a new contract. For the sake of his own well being, maybe moving on is the best option.

- Tavares might be stripped from the C. I doubt they will ask for him to waive his NMC, nor do I think he would accept even if they asked. But this is Matthews's team, and always has been. Tavares hasn't been a leader on the ice in terms of his performance in years.

-Shanahan? Maybe he's gone. He has been with the Leafs for 10 years, one series win. Something has to change.

Last edited:

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
It almost seems like Nylander was trying to stay onsides, even though it was his own zone.
No wonder Leafs defensive efforts are bad. They don't want to be caught offside.

nobody will trade a good defenseman for Marner though
I think Marner has its value. For example team who is not very good but could use high scorer regular season player. In the end, he does put up pointe. Kraken could use him, Salt Lake, Anaheim, teams who are struggling to score goals(or will struggle most likely).

You need those goals and assists to get somewhere in the regular season.

Reactions: sethro109

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
View attachment 865178
Feels pretty good to wake up with no Leafs in the playoffs

Here are my guesses what's going to happen:

- Keefe is gone. Sorry, 5 years and one playoff win is just not good enough. I think he's a good coach, he has his flaws but he will definitely coach again. Pittsburgh? :naughty:

- Marner is gone. At this point, he's the scapegoat for the fans, and it's not exactly the first time. Nylander played well after coming back from injury, and he has always been the best playoff performer of the three. Also has a new contract. Matthews looked good before his injury, and even today at like 20% was better than Mitch, also has a new deal kicking in. Marner has to realize that he's not going to be welcomed back by the fans, and maybe he's not even going to be offered a new contract. For the sake of his own well being, maybe moving on is the best option.

- Tavares might be stripped from the C. I doubt they will ask for him to waive his NMC, nor do I think he would accept even if they asked. But this is Matthews's team, and always has been. Tavares hasn't been a leader on the ice in terms of his performance in years.

-Shanahan? Maybe he's gone. He has been with the Leafs for 10 years, one series win. Something has to change.
Shanahan is gone too

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Shanahan is gone too
I think he should be gone, and he probably will be gone. But it does put Treliving in an awkward position. Though maybe Pelley isn't in a hurry to hire a new president if he fires Shanny. But if (and when) a new president is hired, he will probably eventually want to bring in his own GM. But Treliving should have next year at least. He did a pretty decent job this year.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
It feels so good to have core players that are exactly the opposite of the leafs.

In the regular season, we were looking very leafy. High offense, avg defense and goaltending not up to par. Playoff starts and goaltending is an issue but the offense decides, winning is about scoring one more than the other team and not blame it on your goalie.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Did he really say this? I saw this tweet last night, but some of the responses claim he didn't really say it, and it was made up. So, I chose not to share it. Can anyone confirm if he said it?
Sara Civ is a legit reporter, why would she make it up lol?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad