Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_8793.jpeg

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Call me crazy but I think Vancouver has a chance at beating Edmonton. Their defense + Skinner can easily lose them the series against anyone

Reactions: Devonator

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Yeah no way now how the Nucks have a chance against the Oilers. This is over in 5 games, 6 max. McJesus already thinking if he's going to touch the Campbell Bowl or not.

Reactions: the_fan

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don’t disagree, but maybe Doughty was sending a message to Blake to make some changes. He did screw up big time trading for PLD
Doughty already made it clear to Blake that he (and also implied other players shared his feelings) that the rebuild was going too slow. Big reason why Blake went big that offseason and got Danault.

He’s not wrong though. Unfortunately I don’t think they figure it out before he and Kopitar are done.

Reactions: the_fan

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I’m quite disappointed to be honest. I haven’t watched much van this year but I thought they’d be playing with more pace with the personel they have.
As Henchy said elsewhere, this is how a Tocchet team plays. He’s an extraordinarily conservative, one-dimensional coach. So far this year, it’s worked. Long-term I don’t think this is sustainable at all. Lucky for him Vancouver shits out NHL-ready goalies every couple weeks.

People talk about Pasta and Marner but Elias Pettersson shouldn't get a free pass for his playoff performance.

How terrible is he?
Well he definitely hasn’t played up to snuff in this series but he did have a spectacular shift that led to the series-winning goal. I’m always amazed at how elusive he is for a guy who does not have a lot of speed in his game. He basically sidestepped Lauzon to get to the puck and send it around the net and keep the play alive.

Wow was that Josi with a horrible turnover? Almost cost them
I mean, he’s kinda always been prone to those hasn’t he?

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Demko will need mark stone healing capabilities with prime hasek playing abilities for that series to be close.

McDavid could break the salary cap era playoff points record without reaching the cup final

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Call me crazy but I think Vancouver has a chance at beating Edmonton. Their defense + Skinner can easily lose them the series against anyone
Vancouver matched up fairly well with them in the regular season (but then again so did the Jets against us). But also, Vancouver has the certified McDavid Stopper in Zaddy Daddy.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Can't believe Dallas lost. Insane how many breakaways Dallas had.

I was not impressed by either of the teams. I think we can beat Dallas or Vegas.

Reactions: Linds

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Vegas looks as good tonight as I’ve seen them all series, when both teams are at their best I think Vegas is better
Interesting. How bad have they looked normally, because I wasn't exactly impressed by them. If they play that wide open vs Colorado they would get massacred. Dallas wasted so many chances.

So who do you guys wanna see in round 2?

I guess we would still lean more towards Dallas.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I love big Z but if Vancouver gives him a longterm deal, I’m gonna laugh my ass off
There has been some legit discussion on Vancouver sports media for the last week of should they rather focus on signing Zadorov vs Hroenik. Also almost spat out my drink when Nick Kypreos said on Real Kyper and Bourne that someone would pay 6.5mil for him on the open market and the others agreed. I mean I guess, GM's do stupid things...

I really love Z as a player and especially as a personality. But he's a third pairing guy. That's all he ever was, that's what he'll only ever be considering his age. And in a cap era you can't afford to pay your 3rd pairing guys more than like 5mil combined at max. Even that is stretching it.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It remains to be seen if Dallas/Vegas have enough left in the tank to skate with the Avs for an entire series with no rest.
Rest vs rust is an overrated conversation. Remember what happened in 2021? We sweeped the bloosers, while Vegas played 7 games vs the green filth. We had one week of, Vegas had to play us two days after the first round. Yeah, it looked good when we won the first game 7-1. And the second one in OT. And then Vegas just bullied us, and beat us in 4 straight games.

I guess the rest can give you an advantage for the first game, but that's it. After that the skating ability is just about the team construction. The bigger advantage in a fast vs long series is avoiding injuries/having time to heal. Not conditioning.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
As for Edmonton vs Vancouver, the Oil are the favourite no question because no Demko. But the Oilers weren't that impressive against LA, which was clearly the worst team in the West. Almost tempted to say they were worse than Washington.

If Pettersson can get his head out of his ass, the Canucks can score some goals too. Skinner was wobbly vs LA.

Doesn't really matter, the winner is going to get decimated by the Central team.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad