Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Dallas all day everyday.

I’ve said for months I want nothing to do with Vegas over 7 games. Zero space for our speed and our D will take an absolute pounding.

Yeah f*** that. You take Dallas every day and twice on Sundays. Vegas will pound our Frail team to pieces. Dallas is no easy out themselves but Vegas is a tougher go IMO.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Vegas give the Avs no space and they can't get things going..so no speed

Their style is far worse for the Avs than Winnipeg's (and I was saying this before round 1)
I just don’t see it that way. If Avs continue playing their game and get the goaltending, we can beat anybody, and we have a tougher team this year so we won’t be a push over against anybody

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I disagree. Avs speed will give Vegas problems. Their D is big but not all that fast and mobile
Girard takes few hits and he would be out. Frail Cale takes one and good chance he is out too. We are not very heavy on defense and their hits would be grueling. Avoid Vegas. They would put all our defense to hospital.

I just don’t see it that way. If Avs continue playing their game and get the goaltending, we can beat anybody, and we have a tougher team this year so we won’t be a push over against anybody
Offense is tough but defense is small.

Reactions: missionAvs

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Girard takes few hits and he would be out. Frail Cale takes one and good chance he is out too. We are not very heavy on defense and their hits would be grueling. Avoid Vegas. They would put all our defense to hospital.

Offense is tough but defense is small.
Our defense may not be big, but it’s fast and mobile. It’s not that easy to check guys like Makar and Toews. Even Walker plays with some grit by not being big, and we got Manson back there. Girard is the one I might worry about, but so far he’s just fine vs the Jets

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Our defense may not be big, but it’s fast and mobile. It’s not that easy to check guys like Makar and Toews. Even Walker plays with some grit by not being big, and we got Manson back there. Girard is the one I might worry about, but so far he’s just fine vs the Jets
Our playability from the back would help yes. Puck moving ability will be crucial.

Reactions: the_fan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You were fearing Winnipeg

Vegas are much, much worse
I fear every team when the Avs get to the playoffs because of my pessimistic nature.

Last time I checked, Vegas has 1 Stanley Cup, just like us. They haven't been this utterly dominant dynasty that would be staring us down and shit kicking us for 4 straight games.

People here think we (now) have a better team than Edmonton. Well, that Oilers team was better than Vegas last year in the 2nd round and got goalie'd HARD by Adin Hill.

They can be beat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad