Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals Historic Quadruple-Assed GDT Stanley Cup Finals | Game #7 | St. Louis Blues @ Boston Bruins | Giving it everything I got!

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I have no idea what to expect from him moving forward, but I don't think enough is being said about what Binnington accomplished this postseason.

He had some rough games this postseason, some of them in pretty critical games, and he it would have been so easy for him to get down on himself and/or fold under that pressure.

Instead, he bounced back.

Every

Single

Time

Every game this postseason (hell, every game this season) where he gave up more than 3 goals, he responded by giving up 2 or less the next game.

That's incredible, and I think it played a huge part in the Blues being able to shrug off some real stinker games and move forward. They just never let any real negative momentum start to build and then snowball on them, no matter how crappy the circumstances.

None of this happens without him stepping up and providing that resilience.
Totally agreed. His numbers were nothing special but damn did he ever come up big when we needed him. And that’s the mark of a cup winning goalie. He bent but never broke.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I have no idea what to expect from him moving forward, but I don't think enough is being said about what Binnington accomplished this postseason.

He had some rough games this postseason, some of them in pretty critical games, and he it would have been so easy for him to get down on himself and/or fold under that pressure.

Every

Single

Time

Every game this postseason (hell, every game this season) where he gave up more than 3 goals, he responded by giving up 2 or less the next game.

That's incredible, and I think it played a huge part in the Blues being able to shrug off some real stinker games and move forward. They just never let any real negative momentum start to build and then snowball on them, no matter how crappy the circumstances.

At this point, BA’s drafting philosophy on goalies should be to just draft guys who you wouldn’t be surprised to hear are serial killers. Those always calm types that don’t talk and feel as though they can pear right at your beating heart.

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
Wow is all I can say.

Sticky this thread and leave it there for f***ing ever.

Let's enjoy the summer and binge on all the media we can find of our glorious triumphant deliverance from 'the curse' and into Lord Stanley's sweet and loving embrace.

Now I can get back to losing weight. Think all the playoff celebrations put about 10 pounds on me lol

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Wow is all I can say.

Sticky this thread and leave it there for ****ing ever.

Let's enjoy the summer and binge on all the media we can find of our glorious triumphant deliverance from 'the curse' and into Lord Stanley's sweet and loving embrace.

Now I can get back to losing weight. Think all the playoff celebrations put about 10 pounds on me lol
Same here. I've been drunk 3-5 days a week for 2 months. Diet habits suffer, energy levels suffer (leading to stimulant overuse), sleep levels suffer, and stress overload leads to hypertension and inflammation.

f*** YEAH! LET'S PARTY THROUGH THE WEEKEND AND THEN GET HEALTHY NEXT WEEK!

BLUES ARE THE CHAMPS!

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
You know what I just realized?

For this game I made 4 GDTs. HFBruins made 1. We won the game 4-1.

This raises two questions.

#1. Am I a wizard?
#2. Does this mean I have to make 4 GDTs for every game next year...
tenor.gif

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015

Every

Single

Time

Agree 100%, I got emotional when I saw Binner raise the cup. Of everyone on the team possibly his dreams of winning it were the farthest away at the beginning of the season. He is now the only rookie goaltender to win all 16 playoff games to the Cup. It may never happen again. Unbelievable!

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Agree 100%, I got emotional when I saw Binner raise the cup. Of everyone on the team possibly his dreams of winning it were the farthest away at the beginning of the season. He is now the only rookie goaltender to win all 16 playoff games to the Cup. It may never happen again. Unbelievable!
I keep remembering that interview during the winning streak, where he said, “I always felt I was destined to do something great.”

That, and emailing Doug Armstrong to say, “I’m ready.”

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

Every

Single

Time

I think teammates were careful in media comments to be respectful to Allen (and that they genuinely like him), but there were some postgame comments about the confidence Binnington gave the team and that it was evident immediately that he had ‘it’. I think the players certainly give him a lot of credit and praise. He sure stood tall last night. That was a championship performance for the ages.

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
After watching some of Boston post game interviews - I can honestly say I could almost bring myself to feel bad for Marchand, if it wasn't for the damn way he played the game.
In reality, he's a hell of a player. But why not show some sportsmanship and play the game in a way that respects other players?

It's one thing to compete hard (and even play on the edge), it's quite another to play like a complete jagoff.

Maybe he learns his lesson or something from all of this

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
You know what I just realized?

For this game I made 4 GDTs. HFBruins made 1. We won the game 4-1.

This raises two questions.

#1. Am I a wizard?
#2. Does this mean I have to make 4 GDTs for every game next year...

I also have few new ideas I am toying with. Even yes a Ghostbusters themed one just for you @Ranksu :D

I'm still waiting 'that' Ghostbuster GDT.

giphy.gif

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

Every

Single

Time

The sheer contrast between Allen's slumps and Binnington's bounce backs are night and day.

Binnington absolutely stole the first period last night. If he doesn't play out of his mind there, we don't leave the 1st with a lead...

ROR was huge this post season, but I feel Binnington was easily the runner up for the Conn Smythe honours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad