Stand Up Comedians.2

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I mentioned earlier in the thread that I'd performed on a few shows with Phil Hanley many years ago...

He makes me want to both be a stand up comedian and quit comedy forever!

As far as I know, there isn't a better crowd work comic in the business...

Hanley is great, but I would say Big Jay is the king of crowd work

Reactions: John Price

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019

several years ago i sent an email to jim florentine to suggest that he should talk about crappy yelp reviews on his podcast. about 5 weeks later he did his first one. he never replied with a thanks or anything of that sort. but i was cool with that as i was happy that it would be him and not some corny shitass comic was going to do that bit.

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
So what do you guys in here think of the "Kill Tony" show?

I find it incredibly unfunny and just stupid 99% of the time. I watch some clips of it when it comes through shorts/reels. Seems like if you're part of that scene the inside jokes may be funny, but it mainly just feels like a glorified open mic night.
I've consistently listened to kill Tony for 8 years and it has become great. It was always good and takes time to get used too. Its the interviews that make the show great. It is really hard to go up and make people laugh for 1 minute. The ones who do have a skill. The inside jokes make it even better. If you are a fan of roast comedy then this makes sense.

I just finished this today and it was one of the better ones.

K.C. Rocket does suck though

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
So what do you guys in here think of the "Kill Tony" show?

I find it incredibly unfunny and just stupid 99% of the time. I watch some clips of it when it comes through shorts/reels. Seems like if you're part of that scene the inside jokes may be funny, but it mainly just feels like a glorified open mic night.
I guess this episode falls into the 1%...

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
I guess this episode falls into the 1%...

all righty then. we all seem to get at this point. you're not a hinchcliffe fan, you and perhaps many more feel the same exact way as you feel. that number may even be more than a million, but you do realize that there were over 14 million views of that particular kill tony episode?

how about this: i would gladly cough up $100 to see hinchcliffe. the guy you keep harping about -phil hanley - you could plop that same amount of cash onto my hand to watch him perform and the response will always be a resounding hell no. there's better things to do with my time than watch that cornball perform in front of those lame audience members.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
all righty then. we all seem to get at this point. you're not a hinchcliffe fan, you and perhaps many more feel the same exact way as you feel. that number may even be more than a million, but you do realize that there were over 14 million views of that particular kill tony episode?

how about this: i would gladly cough up $100 to see hinchcliffe. the guy you keep harping about -phil hanley - you could plop that same amount of cash onto my hand to watch him perform and the response will always be a resounding hell no. there's better things to do with my time than watch that cornball perform in front of those lame audience members.
You seem to be taking this rather personally... so much so that it appears as though you are actively trying to hurt my feelings to match your own

Here's the thing: You misunderstood my post... I was being complimentary to the episode

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
You seem to be taking this rather personally... so much so that it appears as though you are actively trying to hurt my feelings to match your own

Here's the thing: You misunderstood my post... I was being complimentary to the episode
it's really not that much of a compliment if you have to use the word guess while doing so.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I do really love Shane's Trump lol. I'll have to take some time to watch the episode.
It's not easy to stand center stage at a comedy show and try to match laughs with Shane Gillis as Trump, but I was quite impressed with what Adam Ray as Briden brought to the episode...

Adam Ray as Dr. Phil interviewing Bill Burr are also worth a watch

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2