Speculation: Stamkos

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I see it playing out just like Malkin with the Pens. Both sides play hard ball and the player ends up giving in and signing due to sentimentality and not wanting to uproot their life at the tail end of their career.
Or signs with Pens because we love our old guys. Assuming we give him the most money because why anyone would want to come here to win is beyond me.

Who would Tampa even be able to grab to replace his forty goals?
Jake Guentzel? he aint a C though.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
All interested parties can salivate all they want. STAMKOS is a Lightning lifer. The two sides will find some common ground to make it work. As it should be.

End of story.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
He’ll likely resign.

If he wants to win cups he’ll need to leave. Tampa isn’t a true cup contender anymore.

So really just depends what he wants. If he wants a bigger contract he’ll for sure be gone.

My gut says he’ll be a bolt.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I see it playing out just like Malkin with the Pens. Both sides play hard ball and the player ends up giving in and signing due to sentimentality and not wanting to uproot their life at the tail end of their career.
Agreed I think he resigns in Tampa

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I think he stays in Tampa. But if not I could see him joining McD and Schenn in Nashville, they've also got a winner in ROR and some studs with Josi/Forsberg/Saros. Or Florida as a cheaper replacement for Reinhart

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I think he stays in Tampa. But if not I could see him joining McD and Schenn in Nashville, they've also got a winner in ROR and some studs with Josi/Forsberg/Saros.
I'd be very surprised to see NSH commit another big contract to a player 30+ when they are not a Cup contender.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
so what gonna happen with the great Steven Stamkos? looks like he still got some good hockey left in him but apparently Tampa will need him to take yet another bigger paycut?

hope Yzerman gets him to come to Detroit
Probably sign in Montreal. Stamkos has close ties to MSL and Lecavalier. Montreal has a need and caproom to do it. Tampa is old team going out.

• Haha
Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad