Confirmed with Link: Stamkos signs in Nashville [4 years, $8 mil AAV]

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
The full Stamkos contract seems to be out now... :dunno:

1720115590796.png

NMC all the way could be a problem if Expansion happens, but I guess we'll see. :crossfing

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
It should also be noted that his last three seasons in a row were pretty great. That's more indicative of what to expect than his age.

Reactions: TheFurryPickle

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
This is such an odd feeling.... we got probably 3 of the (of not the) biggest names in UFA and now we are having to contemplate how to become cap compliant. Strange times indeed
Trotz probably won't lose toooooo much sleep over the Cap situation... as long as he can lock up Parssinen and Stastney at league minimum salary, he can get away with waiving Glass and Tomasino and running a short 21-man roster. Losing Tomasino for nothing isn't much worse than what I'm already expecting, alas.

In the off chance somebody did claim Glass, he'd have enough room to keep Tomasino, however, so I really think they should get on with waiving Glass. Nobody is going to trade for him. It's not going to get easier to trade him as time goes by and teams sign their last few lingering free agents.

2024-25 Nashville Predators (12F/7D/2G version)

Forsberg ($8.5M) - O'Reilly ($4.5M) - Nyquist ($3.185M)
Evangelista ($0.7975M) - Stamkos ($8M) - Marchessault ($5.5M)
Novak ($3.5M) - Parssinen (RFA - $0.775M) - Sissons ($2.857M)
Jankowski ($0.800M) - McCarron ($0.900M) - Smith ($1M)

Skjei ($7M) - Josi ($9.059M)
Lauzon ($2M) - Carrier ($3.75M)
Stastney/Del Gaizo (RFA - $0.775M) - Schenn ($2.75M)
Fabbro ($2.5M)

Saros ($5M)
Wedgewood ($1.5M)

Glass buried Cap hit: $1.35M
Ekholm retention: $0.250M
Johansen retention: $4M
Turris Buyout: $2M
Duchene Buyout: $5.5556M

TOTAL: $87.80406M
2024-25 NHL Cap: $88M
REMAINING CAP SPACE: $0.19594M

Reactions: bdub24

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Trotz probably won't lose toooooo much sleep over the Cap situation... as long as he can lock up Parssinen and Stastney at league minimum salary, he can get away with waiving Glass and Tomasino and running a short 21-man roster. Losing Tomasino for nothing isn't much worse than what I'm already expecting, alas.

In the off chance somebody did claim Glass, he'd have enough room to keep Tomasino, however, so I really think they should get on with waiving Glass. Nobody is going to trade for him. It's not going to get easier to trade him as time goes by and teams sign their last few lingering free agents.

2024-25 Nashville Predators (12F/7D/2G version)

Forsberg ($8.5M) - O'Reilly ($4.5M) - Nyquist ($3.185M)
Evangelista ($0.7975M) - Stamkos ($8M) - Marchessault ($5.5M)
Novak ($3.5M) - Parssinen (RFA - $0.775M) - Sissons ($2.857M)
Jankowski ($0.800M) - McCarron ($0.900M) - Smith ($1M)

Skjei ($7M) - Josi ($9.059M)
Lauzon ($2M) - Carrier ($3.75M)
Stastney/Del Gaizo (RFA - $0.775M) - Schenn ($2.75M)
Fabbro ($2.5M)

Saros ($5M)
Wedgewood ($1.5M)

Glass buried Cap hit: $1.35M
Ekholm retention: $0.250M
Johansen retention: $4M
Turris Buyout: $2M
Duchene Buyout: $5.5556M

TOTAL: $87.80406M
2024-25 NHL Cap: $88M
REMAINING CAP SPACE: $0.19594M
Tomasino and Pärssinen don't have arbitration so it is possible to just not sign them until the cap is sorted out so you dont have to worry about waiving either.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
This is such an odd feeling.... we got probably 3 of the (of not the) biggest names in UFA and now we are having to contemplate how to become cap compliant. Strange times indeed

I am a former athletic trainer, who also has a degree in accounting. I found about three or four different ways that the Nashville predators could easily become compliant. Nashville could easily turned the Las Vegas LTIR flu into a pandemic

Reactions: bdub24 and Adz

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
That is all predicated on the guys moving and Josi being more of a distributor/ppqb. I am not convinced Josi is going to change his play and there will more misses than goals. I hope I am wrong though.
Yep. Josi is going to have to figure out how to distribute the puck quickly, I think particularly with Marchessault. Having a true sniper on both the left and right half walls is great, but not if you can't break down the structure of the defense, panic, and fire a slow-to-develop slap shot off one of 8 shin pads standing nearly motionless in front of you.

PS: The "generational" PPQB we had last year is still unsigned, eh?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yep. Josi is going to have to figure out how to distribute the puck quickly, I think particularly with Marchessault. Having a true sniper on both the left and right half walls is great, but not if you can't break down the structure of the defense, panic, and fire a slow-to-develop slap shot off one of 8 shin pads standing nearly motionless in front of you.

PS: The "generational" PPQB we had last year is still unsigned, eh?
Sorry, even with thinking I can't figure out who you're talking about. Brain is fried, too much 70's I guess.

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
Goodbye, Stammer. Hello McD and a lot better 5 on 5 for my Bolts. Good luck Preds. We'll see how the season pans out for both teams. I am in NO WAY trying to be a jerk here. I know that I will get kicked off real quick if it looks that way with your moderator. I never meant any disrespect to your team, fans, or organization. I am very happy with JBB and what he did. I love Stamkos but he was on the ice WAY too many times when the opposition scored. Good luck in your upcoming season. Do you think in ANY way I wouldn't love a Preds- Bolts finals?????

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad