GDT: St Louis @ Toronto - 7pm - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Game. 8.

In 50 games you won't even remember this game or care about it if they get more comfortable and keep improving
Lots of ifs

And always excuses

You were just saying how different this team was after even fewer games. But I can’t say the opposite when we have even more games played? Make that make sense for me

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I'm not sure exactly.

But this looks awkward.

And it looked pretty before and when the playoffs hit, we stunk.

Maybe we should all just accept this core either isn't as good as we think, doesn't have the necessary dawg in them or the pumping all the money into four forwards is a questionable design.

Maybe Berube turns out to be a average to below average coach here but I don't know how anyone can be extremely confident that this is a championship core.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Lots of ifs

And always excuses

You were just saying how different this team was after even fewer games. But I can’t say the opposite when we have even more games played? Make that make sense for me

The sample size is a lot higher of them playing the way we wanted than playing poorly

• Love
Reactions: mikeyz

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
100 agreed.

You must have caught the first intermission where the panel said goal #1 was Marners fault.

Marner this game -2
Nylander this game - 1
I was being sarcastic.

Nylander directly caused a goal Marner hasn't done that, his line has done that a couple times tonight tho. Your view of tonights game and Marner vs Nylander's performance completely shows how biased you are though. You love it when Marner fails. You're an anti-Marner fan. You're not a Leaf fan.

Reactions: danny90

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He's been that way for 2 games... just like Tanev... is Matthews now considered a bad defensive player?

Matthews is an overrated defensive player who gives us inconsistent effort level, details and mental engagement night to night. Tonight is straight F’s across the board and we don’t need to drag in Tanev to hide this.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
This team does not appear to have any game plan tonight and if you told me they have never met until 7 pm I might believe you. It’s not so much Berube’s plan is not working that they’re just doing what they want in an uncoachable way. And there’s no leadership because leadership has been the worst part of the team.
Agreed

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Matthews is an overrated defensive player who gives us inconsistent effort level, details and mental engagement night to night. Tonight is straight F’s across the board and we don’t need to drag in Tanev to hide this.

Agree to disagree because everyone in the NHL disagrees with you.

Reactions: danny90

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Maybe we should all just accept this core either isn't as good as we think, doesn't have the necessary dawg in them or the pumping all the money into four forwards is a questionable design.

Maybe Berube turns out to be a average to below average coach here but I don't know how anyone can be extremely confident that this is a championship core.
Hey, I was perfectly okay playing hard ass to get JT and Marner to waive in the summer.

Reactions: arso40 and weems
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad