GDT: St Louis @ Toronto - 7pm - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
At some point we might just have to accept this core isn't it or the 4 forwards getting all the money strat won't work here.

We have given this team build design/Core more runway than any professional sports team I've ever followed.
I don't think we'll see 4 big money forwards here again. Even if JT stays the cap structure will be different

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The more things change the more they stay the same. STL hasn't even had to do much, they just let the Leafs beat themselves.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Really expect more out of Matthews
He's our top paid player and captain

had some chances but he needs to drive the play more

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
It's way too early still to find out what Berube's influence will be on this team.

Having a bad game, stretch happens every year.

He has the whole year to figure it out and get them prepared for how he wants them to play once the playoffs start. There were always going to be bumps in the road. They have 8 years of playing a certain way. It will take awhile to break old habits
My point is all the media can’t pay Berube on the back fast enough for supposedly being so tough and no nonsense guy, but there’s been no evidence. Keefe benched Kampf and Robertson and even called out Nylander sometimes . It’s Matthews and Marner that run the show. Berube has done absolutely nothing to show anything has changed. They play together as they demand, they pick the PP basically. Now we have Matthews stinking defensively and Berube hasn’t done a thing . Wanna bet he doesn’t call Matthews out after the game?

Berube being a so called tough guy coach means nothing if Auston and Mitch get a free pass and run the show and Berube is no different than Keefe. Only difference is the narrative.

Reactions: arso40

weems

Jul 3, 2008
If you look at our PP last season vs the leaders in our division in the regular season (BOS, FLA, TB) and then the the playoffs vs BOS and now this 8 game start, I think our PP is something like

8 for 90

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
I think they are just one of the best lines in the league when they are clicking, it's that simple...
but they are not, and if berube wants create consistency in play type that line probably needs to change, especially in this game where they suck quite obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad