HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
  • Haha
Reactions: bax

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think it's a good idea. If he's healthy give him the net against the Blues as opposed to Boston or the Jets. Hopefully the team in front of him shows up.
Woll is from St Louis so I would think they'll give him the game if at all possible.

Reactions: Cams and bax

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think it's a good idea. If he's healthy give him the net against the Blues as opposed to Boston or the Jets. Hopefully the team in front of him shows up.
With four semi-tough games remaining this month it’d be nice to get a game out of him.

Reactions: bax

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Looking forward to Woll coming back and putting together a run of games to quiet the narrative. Of course, more than likely he is very rusty and looks not as good as Stolarz so we have people calling him an AHLer after the game.

Reactions: Metroid and bax

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Woll is from St Louis so I would think they'll give him the game if at all possible.

Screw that. Leafs just face planted for the first time this season and need a bounce back game.

Woll was not ready for Game 7 and Game 1 over some injury issues nobody has been transparent about and I am in no mood to give him the vanity game if he couldn't go for two more important games for the team. He plays when he's ready and when the Leafs see fit to give him a chance.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Screw that. Leafs just face planted for the first time this season and need a bounce back game.

Woll was not ready for Game 7 and Game 1 over some injury issues nobody has been transparent about and I am in no mood to give him the vanity game if he couldn't go for two more important games for the team. He plays when he's ready and when the Leafs see fit to give him a chance.
Yes, he'll play when he's ready. Not sure why anyone would think differently.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
No. He plays when a) he's ready willing and capable and b) the Leafs decide to give him the start. Team's choice.
Any players playing is the teams choice.
You feel he's telling them when he's playing?

He wouldn't be 'ready' if he wasn't 'willing and capable'.

Reactions: SprDaVE and Cams

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
You would assume the leafs are gonna play hard for Berube against his former team who fired him...but then I saw what we did to the devils last week and I think anything is possible

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Any players playing is the teams choice.
You feel he's telling them when he's playing?

He wouldn't be 'ready' if he wasn't 'willing and capable'.

My feeling is Woll has been elite when available, but inexplicably unavailable in big moments and it's frustrating. Standing on the outside it's hard to really understand these 3 week muscle issues, and when you factor in the last minute tweak in the last second of Game 6, he's basically not been able to play for something like six months, minus scrimmages, preseason periods here and there after a full summer off. These timelines aren't really all that typical and the lack of information makes it worse.

So I'm in zero mood to give this guy the hometown start if he's feeling good just because the game is in St. Louis.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
My feeling is Woll has been elite when available, but inexplicably unavailable in big moments and it's frustrating. Standing on the outside it's hard to really understand these 3 week muscle issues, and when you factor in the last minute tweak in the last second of Game 6, he's basically not been able to play for something like six months, minus scrimmages, preseason periods here and there after a full summer off. These timelines aren't really all that typical and the lack of information makes it worse.

So I'm in zero mood to give this guy the hometown start if he's feeling good just because the game is in St. Louis.
They play almost every other day in Dec so they’ll need Woll (and Murray) to be ready.

Reactions: SprDaVE

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He needs to make up his mind.

Classic Dreger reporting. Basically just says 'this may or may not happen' for every possible scenario so that he's never actually 'wrong'.

Reactions: ACC1224 and OddyOh

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

The game is here but if he's feeling good, he's feeling good.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
My feeling is Woll has been elite when available, but inexplicably unavailable in big moments and it's frustrating. Standing on the outside it's hard to really understand these 3 week muscle issues, and when you factor in the last minute tweak in the last second of Game 6, he's basically not been able to play for something like six months, minus scrimmages, preseason periods here and there after a full summer off. These timelines aren't really all that typical and the lack of information makes it worse. So I'm in zero mood to give this guy the hometown start if he's feeling good just because the game is in St. Louis.
They'll give him the start if he's ready. They made the early decision to commit to him last offseason, and not letting him play now because he wasn't able to play before isn't going to help him stay healthy or good. Teams don't have these weird personal vendettas against players for getting injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad