GDT: St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks | Cup Defense on the Brink |

Status
Not open for further replies.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
This year I am playing with house money as far as the playoffs go as 1) We won the Cup finally 2) This whole Covid thing doesn't really feel like real hockey.

So if they lose tonight, tomorrow is just another day and I won't go through my normal gut wrenching agony on a playoff bow out. If they win, the euphoria just isn't as high as it normally is either. Kind of a "meh" year for me, especially since it seems like forever since we were down there watching the games. To me, the magic of the playoffs is being parked there at STC and it just isn't there now.

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
This year I am playing with house money as far as the playoffs go as 1) We won the Cup finally 2) This whole Covid thing doesn't really feel like real hockey.

So if they lose tonight, tomorrow is just another day and I won't go through my normal gut wrenching agony on a playoff bow out. If they win, the euphoria just isn't as high as it normally is either. Kind of a "meh" year for me, especially since it seems like forever since we were down there watching the games. To me, the magic of the playoffs is being parked there at STC and it just isn't there now.
Same

Reactions: Bendak and Meatball

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Let's shut these feisty canducks down.

I feel like if both teams play average, they'll win. So we have to whoop azz

Reactions: Bendak

Bendak

Jedi Use Hacks
Apr 5, 2013
St. Louis
I want another deep playoff run because I'm greedy and want more GDTs to harvest Bendak likes.

soon.gif

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Agreed. Obviously I want the Blues to win tonight but this whole thing just doesn’t feel like the playoffs to me. Without a crazy arena with people waving towels and screaming after every big hit or goal or anything...yeah. It’s just not the same.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I’m hoping for a win tonight but honestly my fandom is different after watching the Blues win the Cup. I’m content. I watch every game but I’m still too happy about finally being at a Cup parade to care as much as I used to about a playoff exit.

It’s still a weird feeling knowing the Blues won it all and it’s been over a year.

Hoping for a great game from Binnington tonight & let’s go Blues!

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I will be pissed if we lose because we are obviously the better team. Would be less mad if we got bounced by strong teams like Avs/Vegas.
Yes good point! It’s one thing simply get beat by the better team or have it come down to an evenly played series where somebody had to lose. But the Blues have clearly been the better team for almost every game.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Agreed. Obviously I want the Blues to win tonight but this whole thing just doesn’t feel like the playoffs to me. Without a crazy arena with people waving towels and screaming after every big hit or goal or anything...yeah. It’s just not the same.
This is also true. This was the main reason I wasn’t very excited about these playoffs coming in. Yet I’ve been into this series more than expected. Nothing beats the feeling of a rowdy Blues home playoff crowd! Especially for a physical team like ours when Blues fans seem to appreciate hits more than other fan bases :)

....oh and it doesn’t get much better than a playoff Let’s Go Blues chant!

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
they beat a better Dallas team last year in this exact situation. well...not exact, like the fanless Covid-Cup...but still...

Blues don't have the confidence they had last season. They looked great early on in game #5. Took a bad goal against on a broken stick. Then a squeaker under Allen. Then the wheels fell off. Didn't understand Schenn's quote about losing focus.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
This negativity is a drag. This is defending Stanley Cup champion Blues. Whatever happens they can never take that Cup run away from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad