SSM Greyhounds 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240930_164227_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240930_164227_Chrome.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: ohloutsider

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Lol, I am here. Been lurking, you guys have summed up everything so well I haven't felt the need to post (well, that plus I haven't really had time).

Raftis has had to cut really deep this season, fielding a team that can barely be considered OHL calibre, and it's nobody's fault but his own. However, at least he recognized (better late than never) that wasting assets on this season would be an even worse decision.

It will be painful, and there will be dark days this season, but hopefully by cutting this deep it is a quick turnaround. But it absolutely did not have to get to this point, and asset management needs to be much better moving forwards. I would not be against a change of direction for the team at this point.

Now, if he doesn't end up restocking picks this season by moving graduating players of value, then buckle up because it's going to be years of fighting just to make the playoffs.

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
It appears Barlow will be off the table very soon, setting up Sault Ste. Marie for some serious success at trade deadline, putting Andrew Gibson at the top of the list in my honest opinion. We cannot drop this ball.

In attempt to get more for Charlie at deadline I wonder if they package Charlie with his best pal
Gibson? Or as someone else mentioned to me it could be possible that Soo packages Mignosa with Gibson. Either way there is NO doubt about it, Gibson is the big fish at deadline!

Attachments

• IMG_3234.jpeg
    IMG_3234.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 1

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
we can move allard if he is returned! and i assume gibson has already told he'll be moved. it's all too little too late for me. y'all know where i stood throughout all of this, and my worse fear has occurred and then some.

Reactions: JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
Lol, I am here. Been lurking, you guys have summed up everything so well I haven't felt the need to post (well, that plus I haven't really had time).

Raftis has had to cut really deep this season, fielding a team that can barely be considered OHL calibre, and it's nobody's fault but his own. However, at least he recognized (better late than never) that wasting assets on this season would be an even worse decision.

It will be painful, and there will be dark days this season, but hopefully by cutting this deep it is a quick turnaround. But it absolutely did not have to get to this point, and asset management needs to be much better moving forwards. I would not be against a change of direction for the team at this point.

Now, if he doesn't end up restocking picks this season by moving graduating players of value, then buckle up because it's going to be years of fighting just to make the playoffs.

The issue I find is that we have to trust the exact person(or people ) who have put us into this situation to now get us out. Definition of insanity. Haha.

we can move allard if he is returned! and i assume gibson has already told he'll be moved. it's all too little too late for me. y'all know where i stood throughout all of this, and my worse fear has occurred and then some.

I wonder if we can move his rights to a contender for him to return similar to what Josh Bloom did? @HockeyPops would you know?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
It appears Barlow will be off the table very soon, setting up Sault Ste. Marie for some serious success at trade deadline, putting Andrew Gibson at the top of the list in my honest opinion. We cannot drop this ball.

In attempt to get more for Charlie at deadline I wonder if they package Charlie with his best pal
Gibson? Or as someone else mentioned to me it could be possible that Soo packages Mignosa with Gibson. Either way there is NO doubt about it, Gibson is the big fish at deadline!
It's a little early to say Gibson would be at the top of the list for other teams/highest value. Off the top of my head, other defenseman that could be available are Andonovski, Parekh and Allen. No doubt that SSM will need a good return though.

Reactions: JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
It's a little early to say Gibson would be at the top of the list for other teams/highest value. Off the top of my head, other defenseman that could be available are Andonovski, Parekh and Allen. No doubt that SSM will need a good return though.

Parekh isn’t going anywhere(until next year) and of that list is the only player I’d say is MAYBE better than Gibson, but definitely not as defensively reliable at all…

I do like Allen though lol

Edit: all 3 are elite in their own ways, by the way.

Reactions: StormWatcher

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Parekh isn’t going anywhere(until next year) and of that list is the only player I’d say is MAYBE better than Gibson, but definitely not as defensively reliable at all…

Absolutely. Not trying to be antagonistic at all. It'll be interesting to see what teams do as the season progresses and things shake out. Guelph is a young team and we need to restock picks, I could see any '04 or '05 on the table.

It's looking like another battle between Saggy and London in the West.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Parekh won’t be available.

Very likely Gibson is traded at some point this year. Soo needs to build around their ‘07 core with all their ‘08 picks not reporting

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017

No way I'd take allen over gibson.

If I'm building a championship team, he's shoring up the defense.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad