SSM Greyhounds 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sakic fan

Sep 23, 2023
19 year old dman has been added

l

Martin is in a walking boot as well. We could see James Elliott and/or Kalyn McQueen suit up.
Martin in a walking boot....not good news, hopefully just a precaution.

BMB was also in a walking boot a few weeks ago, wonder if healthy or still on the mend. With Gibby and Carlisle away makes sense for this deal to shore up depth with Velliaris. Seems to have great size at 6ft 4 and 220pds.

I would hope they don't stagnate the young D by keeping a 19 yr old with 32 games under belt playing ahead of Gillen, Solomon and Holub once everyone back in lineup. We need them to develope and play to take on greater roles next yr.

Reactions: OHLfan200

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
He is a a big physical stay at home defenceman, who was caught in the numbers game in Peterborough. He played 32 games for the Petes last year as the 8th and 9th defenceman. I am glad he is getting a chance somewhere else.
I love the sleeves being rolled up!

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

Interesting.. kid was a high draft pick, missed games due to injury and still has 2 to 3 years junior eligibility I believe? Low risk, high reward for a former top prospect for his age group.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Interesting.. kid was a high draft pick, missed games due to injury and still has 2 to 3 years junior eligibility I believe? Low risk, high reward for a former top prospect for his age group.
I'd probably temper expectations a little bit on the top prospect angle because the WHL has a separate American draft - only 4 players from that draft have played WHL games. The majority of the picks are long shot elite Americans that stuck in the USHL or USNTDP.

Not to say he won't be a solid player (I know absolutely nothing about him), but the 7th overall aspect is kind of misleading

Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i can't recall a year we've had to hit the waiver wire so hard lol. it's great we are giving these guys a place to play, but any time you're getting a guy from waivers or for late round pick, you should absolutely temper expectations.

a ruder way of describing these type of acquisitions might be that these players are plugs in a leaky boat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad