SSM Greyhounds 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
its nice to see fans coming around to Raftis' shortcomings

i've received a lot of personal attacks and even threats of physical violence for trying to suggest raftis was arrogant and shortsighted. I assume my apologies are in the mail. 😜

Reactions: sbpointer

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
its nice to see fans coming around to Raftis' shortcomings

i've received a lot of personal attacks and even threats of physical violence for trying to suggest raftis was arrogant and shortsighted. I assume my apologies are in the mail. 😜
people get very emotional if someone doesn’t agree with their opinion on here

Reactions: Geff and DWI Dale

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
There is no question. If Ownership wants to save SOME face here they have to hold someone responsible.

This can’t be the direction ownership wants to go in.

This is the cherry on top of the failure cake. Constant mismanagement of assets has cost this team and it's almost predictable at this point. With his mismanagement of assets, his decisions to not sell off, and his decisions to make some of the trades he has made, if you look at it Kyle Raftis does double the work cause he's constantly fixing his own mistakes. His decisions, alongside whatever yesmen are next to him, have cost this team championships, has cost this city a hosting right for the Memorial Cup, and on its current trajectory (and if you follow trends this is fact) he is about to cost us the next 2 to 3 years and quite possibly ruin the chance to build a team around arguably the most dominate player we've watched in a Soo Greyhound jersey (if he continues his trend upwards).

Longest-tenured GM with nothing at all to show for it.

Time for a change 100%
at the very least need to bring in someone to run the draft and hire scouts. an ast gm who will push back against raftis. Sweeney is not a head scout and won’t push back against his best friend

Reactions: JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
at the very least need to bring in someone to run the draft and hire scouts. an ast gm who will push back against raftis. Sweeney is not a head scout and won’t push back against his best friend

The Soo has never had an assistant GM, have they?

I agree with you

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
Must be the goalies fault, I'm guessing

They’re actually blaming it on the ticket manager.. but that’s a story for another time…

Fun facts: this team has had about 8 ticket managers in the last 10 years. In one year we had 3 new ticket managers.

Time to start looking in the mirror…..

Reactions: rve24

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
Wow Saginaw….
IMG_1272.jpeg

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
ita almost like well built teams with good asset management attract commitments from top players lol

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
Can someone catch me up on this ? What's the deal with the Hounds and ticket sales drama?

It’s the 9th manager in 10 years. Seems to be the only position with turnover. Seems to be some serious issues internally. Winning culture is developed from top down and unless those areas are fixed, I don’t see us having a 100% winning culture.

People do not need to believe it but there are some serious issues with this team.

There have been previous employees who have even tried to record issues at work to bring forth to ownership but have been scolded for even doing so. It’s too bad because they get praised for having a skeleton crew, doing so much work, etc.. when in reality it’s a toxic environment. Very, very toxic.

Maybe there is some truth to the Tucker Tynan lawsuits..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 9