GDT: Squires @ Guppies 1pm

Ban Barrie from next GDT?

• Total voters

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
tumblr_md4dx3730I1r1rhh2o1_500.gif

Nope. I had a good laugh actually at the time that it happened.

Reactions: Sandisfan

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
I had the game on in the background but team looked good from what I saw, probably Thornton's best game this season by the eye test, really seemed to be hustling out there.

Gunnin54

Nov 7, 2012
I missed the game I’m at a thanksgiving event, I know they won but LA sucks so how did they look?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sent down again? Traded? Fired?

Nasty hit in the 3rd. Called match penalty (hit to head), reviewed by zebras and classified as minor penalty (Pavelski rule).

Took Antii a minute or more before he caught his breath/cleared his head. Made his way off the ice under his own power.

Still could be reviewed by DOPS for supplemental discipline.

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
I'm actually not sure that should be a penalty.
Well considering Suomela never had possession of the puck, and McDermid had him lined up a long way out, closed on him at a high rate of speed hoping to time it to have a high energy collision when Suomela did have the puck, in fact did hit him with a substantial amount of contact to the head well after the puck glanced instantaneously off Suomela’s stick, it was definitely a penalty. Pick one , charging, interference, hit to the head, prob a couple others work. In any event it was predatory.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Well considering Suomela never had possession of the puck, and McDermid had him lined up a long way out, closed on him at a high rate of speed hoping to time it to have a high energy collision when Suomela did have the puck, in fact did hit him with a substantial amount of contact to the head well after the puck glanced instantaneously off Suomela’s stick, it was definitely a penalty. Pick one , charging, interference, hit to the head, prob a couple others work. In any event it was predatory.

It was just late/no head contact, 2 minute interference penalty.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
If Jones had gotten the SO he would have been lights out for the rest of the season and led us to the cup. Barrie just cost us the cup. If Sharks don't get a SO this season, ban him for next season.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
My family and I were there, my sister and her husbands first ever game. We had a great time and the Beat L.A. chant was strong as ever. The Gregor goal was a beauty. Watching that pinball goal from Logan felt great since it seems that happens to us a lot.
Jones was masterful. His kick saves were great. His positioning was superb and he stifled the Kings nearly the entire game.
I sure wish that Ferraro scored in that twisting rush from the point. This kid is the real deal.

Go Sharks!!

Gunnin54

Nov 7, 2012
My family and I were there, my sister and her husbands first ever game. We had a great time and the Beat L.A. chant was strong as ever. The Gregor goal was a beauty. Watching that pinball goal from Logan felt great since it seems that happens to us a lot.
Jones was masterful. His kick saves were great. His positioning was superb and he stifled the Kings nearly the entire game.
I sure wish that Ferraro scored in that twisting rush from the point. This kid is the real deal.

Go Sharks!!
I’m goin December 22nd or 23rd to watch them play St Louis I haven’t been in a couple years, looking forward to see some of the kids live. It’s funny I say kids since I’m only 23 haha

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Ferraro was billed as an offensive defenseman. I would like to see him chip in offensively. Too often, I think that the Sharks try and turn offensively talented blueliners into shutdown guys who can move the puck and skate well.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Ferraro was billed as an offensive defenseman. I would like to see him chip in offensively. Too often, I think that the Sharks try and turn offensively talented blueliners into shutdown guys who can move the puck and skate well.

Was he? His stats even for defensemen don't look that good. Compared to vlasics stats in jr's it makes vlasic look like bobby orr.

Ojhl he had 12 points in 43 games. And 40 in 51 games. For a total of 52 points in 94 games.

Ushl he had 41 points in 60 games.

Ncaa he had 23 in 39 and 14 in 41.

The harder the league the worse he gets offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad