GDT: Spend Some Time with the Wee Baby Seamus: Your New Jersey Devils (2-0) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (0-1), 7 PM, MSG

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
The thing with Jack though is this goes back to last year. Something doesn't look right out there with him and that's been the case for a while now. It's concerning that he's starting a fresh new season and the vibe is still off.
He was injured for a while last year, and while today was bad, I thought he looked good Saturday. I'll be concerned if this goes on for a few weeks. He's clearly playing with no confidence right now, once it starts going in, he'll get going. Probably the least of my concerns.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
The crowd wasn't that excited. Leafs fans are the most boring opposing fans I've ever encountered :laugh:

But it was kinda dead from the start. Even now sitting in the parking lot there isn't the same crazy vitriol there usually is. The pregame hype video was trash. The fancy led lights they were talking about were just cheap led puck lights zip ties to the rails lol. It was just super dead everywhere around the arena. Probably the most dead game I've ever been to.
Ehhh, you are a massive pessimist here haha. There was good energy pregame and first half of the first period. Also the on ice intro was much better than the generic crap last yr

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Camille the Eel

I like this Devils team.

Unlike recent seasons, I didn’t think the Leafs looked like a better team than us (overall, roster, system) tonight. I just thought they played a sharper game.

Not surprising when they played last night and we hadn’t for 5 days after that crazy European trip. Plus they got some good bounces, finding pucks in traffic with a bit of chaos in front of our net on their first period goals.

Our effort was there. Are legs weren’t.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Jack started hot last year. But he looked pretty bad to start two seasons ago…and that’s when he put up 99 points and broke out. I’m not too concerned yet.

That said, that was one of my least favorite games I’ve ever seen Jack play.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I like this Devils team.

Unlike recent seasons, I didn’t think the Leafs looked like a better team than us (overall, roster, system) tonight. I just thought they played a sharper game.

Not surprising when they played last night and we hadn’t for 5 days after that crazy European trip. Plus they got some good bounces, finding pucks in traffic with a bit of chaos in front of our net on their first period goals.

Our effort was there. Are legs weren’t.
My thoughts exactly. We weren't sharp at all, but I didn't see a lack of effort.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
He was injured for a while last year, and while today was bad, I thought he looked good Saturday. I'll be concerned if this goes on for a few weeks. He's clearly playing with no confidence right now, once it starts going in, he'll get going. Probably the least of my concerns.
He has enough talent that even when something is off he's gonna have games like on Saturday. Especially against mediocre teams. But even in games when he's been collecting points, the little things he's doing out there are just off and have been going back a while.

He's going to be productive no matter what, but we need him to be "all there" with more than just stat stuffing.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Jack started hot last year. But he looked pretty bad to start two seasons ago…and that’s when he put up 99 points and broke out. I’m not too concerned yet.

That said, that was one of my least favorite games I’ve ever seen Jack play.

Hard disagree Jack started bad 2 seasons ago. He was f***ing incredible to start 2 seasons ago but nothing was going in for him at first. That Wings game in particular the 2nd game of the year he was a human highlight reel. I honestly think he started that season better than last year. Last year the PP was clicking like crazy and everything was going in but he was creating more and playing far better hockey at 5v5 to start 22-23. He also definitely broke out the prior year. He was better in 21-22 than he was last year.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
When this team finally stops looking to Jack to be the sparkplug and start thinking of him as a turbo charger instead they might get a team identity.

Tired of the Hughes Incorporated attitude. It's the logo on the front not the name on the back that matters.

That’s not the issue. The issue is unless Jack’s going they’re just not going to be great. No team is going to be great if their biggest star is playing like shit.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Hard disagree Jack started bad 2 seasons ago. He was f***ing incredible to start 2 seasons ago but nothing was going in for him at first. That Wings game in particular the 2nd game of the year he was a human highlight reel. I honestly think he started that season better than last year. Last year the PP was clicking like crazy and everything was going in but he was creating more and playing far better hockey at 5v5 to start 22-23. He also definitely broke out the prior year. He was better in 21-22 than he was last year.

That’s not at all how I remember it

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Keefe doesn't think that was nearly good enough.

Definitely not talking like this was an even played game
I didn't watch the third but for a home opener, against your new coaches former team, with a rookie a goalie in net it was pretty piss poor execution.

At least I can retire the Wolverine gif I guess lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad