GDT: Spend Some Time with the Wee Baby Seamus: Your New Jersey Devils (2-0) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (0-1), 7 PM, MSG

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The worst part about opening night is the opening ceremonies. Like this shit should not start at 7 and push back puck drop.

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
I was fortunate by the 1970s window units had become commonplace. I vaguely recall we had a Pontiac LeMans in the mid 1970s that was from the late 1960s and it didn't have air conditioning. With respect to the music, I always felt that NYC was a bit subpar on rock music FM radio. There were typically two stations, WNEW and one other main station that was typically 95.7 which went by a couple of different call letters. You could listen to AM stations but they weren't in stereo and they tended to be more "oldies" which back in the late 70s early 80s was Doo-Wop and Elvis which was never my thing. There were a few small stations but they came and went. Lennon did interviews and a couple of guest DJ appearances on WNEW where I think he was friendly with a couple of the guys. I know that Scott Muni was somewhat his buddy and I believe so was Dennis Elsis. I remember when Double Fantasy was coming out and WNEW had the exclusive on the first singles. They hyped them up for a while. I was excited to hear the fist one and while my memory says it was Watching the Wheels it was apparently Starting Over. In either case to my young brain it was underwhelming compared to his earlier songs that I was familiar with.
Pontiac LaMans! Those were great in the snow!

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
The beat in that song was pounded out on cardboard box. Note there are no symbols or base on that song. Can't get much simpler. A tune that has lasted forever since first released in 19578 and covered by some of the biggest names since. He was one of my very biggest favorites when his music was hot. I still play his stuff a lot

A monumental loss "the day the music died".

love buddy.... have a couple of LPs in the collection

Reactions: My3Sons

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
f*** ESPN. Try to log in. Need to verify your email. Doesn't send me email. I just want to watch a game you motherf***ers! What the f*** am I paying for?!

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad