GDT: Spend Some Time with the Wee Baby Seamus: Your New Jersey Devils (2-0) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (0-1), 7 PM, MSG

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
I bought Sportsnet+ last Friday because the high seas I usually sail weren't going to work out and I wasn't missing our first two games. But I'm already regretting it a bit. Mostly because I don't think I can change broadcasts so I might not get Bill and Dano, which I desperately need
You can't switch between feeds like the old NHL app with Sportsnet+. It's terrible and a feature I miss. I think tonight's game is actually a TSN broadcast for the Leafs Region, which is slightly better than a Sportsnet one though

Reactions: Cheddabombs

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
There are different ways to define a number one song but according to Billboard the number one song for 1967 was To Sir With Love. I was surprised it wasn't either Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, and All You Need is Love but I guess the Beatles release so much stuff that year they started to cannibalize their own sales.

Reactions: njdevils1982

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
20240930_203221.jpg

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Should the wife and I visit there? If the answer is yes should we go with or without kids?
Just got here today, so I can give a full report after the weekend when I head to Brussels and then Paris. It a very beautiful city and wasn’t overly crowded (granted today was cold and rainy, I’m sure Summer is different). There are certainly some kid unfriendly parts though.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

The beat in that song was pounded out on cardboard box. Note there are no symbols or base on that song. Can't get much simpler. A tune that has lasted forever since first released in 19578 and covered by some of the biggest names since. He was one of my very biggest favorites when his music was hot. I still play his stuff a lot

A monumental loss "the day the music died".

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The beat in that song was pounded out on cardboard box. Note there are no symbols or base on that song. Can't get much simpler. A tune that has lasted forever since first released in 19578 and covered by some of the biggest names since. He was one of my very biggest favorites when his music was hot. I still play his stuff a lot

A monumental loss "the day the music died".
Lennon worshipped Holly. I believe the earliest Lennon recording with Paul and George is "That'll Be the Day".

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
There are different ways to define a number one song but according to Billboard the number one song for 1967 was To Sir With Love. I was surprised it wasn't either Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, and All You Need is Love but I guess the Beatles release so much stuff that year they started to cannibalize their own sales.
That they did and the sound waves were filled with their amazing stuff. It was unbelievable if you station jumped you could almost listen exclusively to their stuff. The DJs discovered the B sides were often as good and sometimes even better!!!!

That's a piece of musical nostalgia that will never be repeated. I lost a lot of sleep on hot summer nights sweating to death in our little inner city bungalow nestled in between 2 others on a narrow one way street filled with a bunch more of the same. Nothing but heat radiating off the blacktop and black shingled rooftops. It was sweltering. I had my head out of jutted out window of my room (the only window in the house that did it) picking up WBZ in Boston, WLS in Chicago,and WABC in NY. Some great stuff you could pick up clear as day in the late night hours in Rochester, NY.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The tourist guides make it sound like that part of town has been toned down?
I believe they are trying to tone it down and basically move that district to a giant Tower of babel in a non central location. I don't know how those efforts are going.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad