Speculation: Speculation on the salary cap going forward on the wake of Robertson, Hakanpää, Lorentz, Pacioretty, etc. An elite event in one thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Yeah guys like that are a dime a dozen and easily replaceable.

When Treliving signed Kampf it was deemed questionable at the time. Hindsight hasn't improved the optics in any way. You can pump his tires all you want since you seem to think he's so indispensible for a cup contending team.

It doesn't change the fact he's a fourth line chump.

Not really. Most 4th liners you cannot simply crater in the defensive zone and expect them to have any shred of success.

The Leafs are already "missing" a true #3 centre. Kampf is probably one of the league's best #4 centres. There's a reasonable thought process that maybe you can be a little bit weak in a #3 position, if you're strong in a #4 position. They're not going to get rid of Kampf unless they can find a #3.

Reactions: Dog

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Not really. Most 4th liners you cannot simply crater in the defensive zone and expect them to have any shred of success.

The Leafs are already "missing" a true #3 centre. Kampf is probably one of the league's best #4 centres. There's a reasonable thought process that maybe you can be a little bit weak in a #3 position, if you're strong in a #4 position. They're not going to get rid of Kampf unless they can find a #3.
The only going reasonable about Kampf is his value to another team. He is a cap trade this fall.
If Pacorety is loved, he will take his dollars.
For what it is worth, I would keep Kampf over P, but that is not going to happen. Tre needs a pipeline to the room...IMHO.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
What's your take? What will happen now? Is there plenty of moves to come before training camp? There will be a squeeze soon. Who will remain?

Elite event all in one thread ...LOL... epic title... love it!
Probably a Marner trade ...discuss ... :sarcasm::popcorn:

Sadly no one’s fixing Lilly’s game ever let alone in one season, we’ve seen the best of his game and that was a couple of seasons ago. He’ll be this year’s Brodie, book it……..

He's a better dman when he plays angry, seems like it wakes him up when he plays with an edge.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

He's a better dman when he plays angry, seems like it wakes him up when he plays with an edge.
We’ve seen brief glimpses of this for years, but he cannot sustain it for a game let alone a season, a couple dozen good shifts doesn’t inspire me anymore especially at his new price tag, if there’s a trade out there I’d move him, but that’s just my opinion…….

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Yeah guys like that are a dime a dozen and easily replaceable.

When Treliving signed Kampf it was deemed questionable at the time. Hindsight hasn't improved the optics in any way. You can pump his tires all you want since you seem to think he's so indispensible for a cup contending team.

It doesn't change the fact he's a fourth line chump.
Well if he trades him for a 2nd rndr we win. We need picks.

Nothing is set in stone. Thanks Marchand.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Kampf is going no where as well. Not sure why everyone is trying to get rid of thier best defensive center who wins 60% of his faceoffs.
Because if you list all the forwards by how much they make, he's 6th, and that's way too high for a 4th line center? He's making more than the ENTIRE THIRD LINE.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Because if you list all the forwards by how much they make, he's 6th, and that's way too high for a 4th line center? He's making more than the ENTIRE THIRD LINE.
I would keep Kampf and try to trade Jarnkrok with Liljegren+ pick(s) in package deal for more vet presence forward who has at least 2-3 years left in tank. We need someone to help Matthew's and Marner. We need someone who has either won a cup or got to final for vet presence. Kind of was upsetting how Ryan O'Reilly turned out because he was exactly what they needed but injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: francis246

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I would keep Kampf and try to trade Jarnkrok with Liljegren+ pick(s) in package deal for more vet presence forward who has at least 2-3 years left in tank. We need someone to help Matthew's and Marner. We need someone who has either won a cup or got to final for vet presence. Kind of was upsetting how Ryan O'Reilly turned out because he was exactly what they needed but injuries.

If the Leafs are trading Jarnkrok (who should have some value), and Liljegren's upside, they better be getting a long term piece... not "a forward who has 2-3 years left in the tank".

Think more along the lines of somebody that is a quality #3 centre today, with upside as a #2.

Reactions: Dog

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
If the Leafs are trading Jarnkrok (who should have some value), and Liljegren's upside, they better be getting a long term piece... not "a forward who has 2-3 years left in the tank".

Think more along the lines of somebody that is a quality #3 centre today, with upside as a #2.
Probably be solid third line center. Who might get few games at 2nd line depending on injuries. The problem is who and they probably have to have similar salary or less of the combined players were trading. As example those two players is slightly over 5 million it would seem they should be able to find player who making less than 4 million to fill 3rd center option. They have Tavares and Domi who could be 2nd and 3rd line centers but Tavares on his last year contract and be highly shocked if Leafs bring him back again next season will free up 11 million. Leafs will have more options available not this season but next.

Last edited:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Jarnkrok and Timmins are the easy common sense moves.

We don’t need a winger who provides absolutely nothing in the playoffs and Timmins is injury prone / redundant with Lilly.
Basically,Tre has to make gold from mincemeat. Like it or not Lily has very little value with what he makes. If a team sees him as a number 6 depth guy they can be found cheaper.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
If Treliving can find a way to move out the Kampf, Jarnkork, Timmins, and Reaves contracts that would be great.

Two of those contracts are squarely on Treliving.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaner8989

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Jarnkrok and Timmins are the easy common sense moves.

We don’t need a winger who provides absolutely nothing in the playoffs and Timmins is injury prone / redundant with Lilly.

Those are the two biggest candidates in my eyes.

Kampf and Reaves are Tres guys - I don't see them going anywhere. And Jarnkrok and Timmins seems more like Keefe/Dubas' would.have more interest in them.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
If Treliving can find a way to move out the Kampf, Jarnkork, Timmins, and Reaves contracts that would be great.

Two of those contracts are squarely on Treliving.
Kampf is slightly overpaid but still has role. Jarnkrok to many injuries and Timmins barely plays. Reaves they probably won't be able to find a trade that would work.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I think you trade Lilly, honestly

Probably be solid third line center. Who might get few games at 2nd line depending on injuries. The problem is who and they probably have to have similar salary or less of the combined players were trading. As example those two players is slightly over 5 million it would seem they should be able to find player who making less than 4 million to fill 3rd center option. They have Tavares and Domi who could be 2nd and 3rd line centers but Tavares on his last year contract and be highly shocked if Leafs bring him back again next season will free up 11 million. Leafs will have more options available not this season but next.

Tavares will be back around $3.5 per, I think (hope)

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I love me a good cap thread, and this is the most interesting time of the year for it, but I don’t see any drama yet this year. My guess, they waive Jarnkrok (nobody is trading for him preseason), that leaves roster and cap space for #67 Leaf Trollus Maximus Pacioretty and Connor Unicorn Hypothetical Puck Moving RD Timmins.

Only gets interesting if a Cowen or Minten forces a roster spot, but that’s a roster space problem, not a cap space problem.

• Haha
Reactions: Racer88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad