Jeff Marek no longer with Sportsnet - Unknown why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The only things I can think of with regards to ''draft related reasons'':

- He wasn't happy with being put in the ''you will only interview the prospects for 30-40 seconds after they are drafted role'' on their 1st round broadcast and made it clear to SN. He used to be the host of their round 1 coverage, so they clearly demoted him.

- During one of those interviews he crossed the line/said something that got him fired. :dunno:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Was extremely curious what happened as well. No traditional 32 thoughts post free agency episode, Marek didn't even do his own shows after the draft.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I feel like TNT prefers to hire people who would actually be entertaining.

Newest TNT hire:

1721923997112.gif

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This would suck if true. Hope if it is, he finds another outlet quickly. Listening to his stuff is one of the few ways that I get through a workday.
Career wise, he's 55 and departing from one of the big 2 networks, what are his options? Is he that major a name that TSN would pick him up given the people they already have? Doubt it.

Would anyone consider him a needle mover? Probably not.

See where he ends up landing.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Career wise, he's 55 and departing from one of the big 2 networks, what are his options? Is he that major a name that TSN would pick him up given the people they already have? Doubt it.

Would anyone consider him a needle mover? Probably not.

Maybe he slides into SDPN like CJ has?

Or Turner sees a glorious opportunity for a host?

Reactions: Drumman44

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I've always liked Marek. Seems like a pretty affable guy and a huge nerd on hockey history. Also loved the Pod and his chemistry with Friedman.

I think both guys make excellent podcasters, actually, and come off a bit more awkward and stifled on live television.
Marek is one of the most knowledgeable, well rounded minds in the hockey media world. Obviously knows a ton about the NHL, the CHL/prospects, and hockey history in general. Dialed into what is going on in hockey, always been a big fan of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad