Post-Game Talk: Spectacular Team Effort, Hits, Fights , Niemi Solid -- Habs Steamroll Dallas, 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
It's easy to play well when there is zero pressure and the games don't count.

I think it's more than that. The kids with their speed and energy should have been playing all year over the slow unskilled vets we were icing earlier in the year. Plus Niemi has found his game with Waite. He's played like this before.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I still think.... roll with a young defense next year and spend all the money up front! The defense has settled down and just need some offense. Reilly has impressed since he got here. Juulsen with Alzner is solid.

Bergevin is probably going all in on Tavares if he hits the market!

Drouin Tavares Gallagher
Pacioretty Galchenyuk Scherbak
Bryon Danault Grabner
Hudon Shaw Lehkonen
Carr / Deslauriers

Mete Weber
Reilly Petry
Alzner Juulsen
Vailev Lernout

Price
Lindgren / maybe Niemi on a one year deal if he continues some good goaltending.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
And to think people laughed their heads off when we acquired him calling Niemi the worst goalie in the league :laugh:

He's still awful. He's not the first nor the last to play over his head for a short while. Can't wait for us to extend him and when he'll do a Tokarski of himself next season people will wonder why he is not playing like last year. Gonna be priceless.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Yes I know... but I don't mind a game like tonight. I mean Drouin & Galchenyuk outplayed their best players, Hudon & Juulsen looked great. Even DLR redeemed himself and everyone was battling. If you didn't like that you should go back to watching synchronized swimming.

Oh it was great game. I'll take it. I just want to be picking 3rd not 11th.

As much as I want us to tank, I never find my self rooting against this team...until the last 5 minutes of the game...

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Can Lernout develop into a reliable bottom pairing Dman?

I doubt it, but he's tough. Maybe if the league goes back to bigger/clutching etc... He's a 2nd half player, but I just can't see a team putting up with his puck skills for very long. Maybe in another city eventually after bouncing around a bit.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Habs getting 2 points:
pGq8h8R.gif

At least the game was decently entertaining, it didn't happen often this year...
That could have blinded her. Maybe it did. What new idiotic exercise is this?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Shaw has to think about changing the way he plays or else he'll be out of the league in no time due to injuries.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Lernout seems to be gaining in confidence. I want to see what he can do if he ever is able to get comfortable and confident. If he can find his limits (not play with the puck too much, but be good positionaly) he may have an NHL career.

Reactions: Hannibal

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I think it's more than that. The kids with their speed and energy should have been playing all year over the slow unskilled vets we were icing earlier in the year. Plus Niemi has found his game with Waite. He's played like this before.

Well I think the lack of pressure helps everyone. It's easier for the coaches to take more risks and try new things.

I hate to say it but this is pretty much the best I've seen of Galchenyuk except for the last time the team was out. He certainly seems to have an easier time when the pressure is off.

It's not necessarily a bad thing either. He needs to know how it feels to play well like that so that in the future, when it does matter he will remember the feeling.

Reactions: dinodebino

JCR

Mar 21, 2016
Useless and stupid victory, please, put Lindgren back to the net and Pacioretty and the other good tank players to play, we need all of them to get back, so we could engage the tank up to the end of regular-season!

Stop making goals, there's no need to do that now, that's useless, we're now the 4th worst team in Eastern Conference, we have 1 point above Detroit, they're now the 3rd worst team in EC, we want to get back to lower standings, thankfully, Sens won today as well, but for the much needed rebuild, this victory doesn't suit at all!

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
People, on se calme. We ARE going to win games at home. Kids have a boost playing at home. But we will not win many on the road. Maybe one or two more. Need perspective here. Wins are good for the kids.

You know what's good for the kids?

Playing with elite talent and making the playoffs comfortably.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Maybe not. Maybe a reunion with his old goalie coach is indeed doing miracles. Mind you, I wouldn't sign him 5 years. Sign him 1 year.
I would also resign him, if he shits to bed like he has before coming here, he would help our tank if Price is injured again.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad